Unlock the potential of your digital media with Mojo Audio’s universal media server. Optimizes audio and video performance of all recorded and streaming formats by minimizing bit read errors caused by power supply noise. Has lower noise than any battery. Compatible with OS X, Windows, and Linux operating systems and JRiver, Amarra, Pure Music, Audirvana, and Foobar players.
We remove and bypass the Mac Mini’s internal switching power supply and replace it with one of our Joule II ultralow-noise linear external power supplies. An optional internal power filter can be installed in this space. Our modular Joule II power supply has several AC and DC filter upgrade options, and each takes our media server to higher levels of refinement and performance.
Included at this price is an entry level Joule II external power supply and an entry level Mac Mini computer with a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 2GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and OS X Lion. Keyboard, mouse, and monitor are not included.
Ships USPS priority for only $36.95 anywhere in the US.
International air shipping is only $69.95 to most countries.
RAM, SSD hard drive, internal power filter, capacitor, Bybee Music Rails, and special cord and cable upgrades are additional.
• Modular upgradable design for years of uncompromising performance
• Isolated AC and DC power filters in separate chassis compartments
• Sophisticated AC filtering - does not require special conditioners or cords
• Cascaded spread spectrum capacitor values from 10,000uf to .001uf
• Multistage AC and DC common mode and differential mode noise canceling
• Factory set to any international voltage: 100V, 120V, 220V, 230V, or 240V AC
• Configured to meet your CPU, video processor, RAM, and drive requirements
• OS X, Windows, Linux, and other major operating systems
• JRiver, Amarra, Pure Music, Audirvana, Foobar, and most other media players
• WAV, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, MPEG, WMA, OGG, DSD, and other media formats
• Most DSP plug-ins, including digital room equalization and digital crossovers
• External USB optical DVD or Blu-ray drives (Blu-ray does not work with OS X)
We use only the highest-quality parts:
• All-aluminum chassis
• Fully shielded 200VA toroidal transformer
• Sanyo Oscon SEPC organic polymer capacitors
• Solen metalized film bypass capacitors
• Ultrafast recovery 12ns rectifier diodes
• Delevan and Murata inductors
• Furutech rhodium-plated IEC AC power connectors
• Neutrik silver-plated XLR DC power connectors
• EAR antiresonant feet
• Optional Bybee Music Rail
• Optional capacitor upgrades, including Mundorf and V-Caps
As part of our AC to DC conversion, we provide the labor to upgrade hard drives and RAM at no extra cost. You pay only for the parts.
Mac Minis come standard with 2GB of RAM and are capable of using up to 8GB of RAM. Upgrading RAM to a minimum of 4GB is highly recommended in all situations for smoother media transfer. If you intend to use plug-in DSP software, such as digital equalization or digital crossovers, 8GB of RAM is recommended.
Upgrading to an SSD hard drive is highly recommended to lower noise floor. Up to two SSD hard drives of any capacity can be added to a Mac Mini. Since there are so many streaming audio and video options and SD card and USB inputs, we do not recommend paying for excessive SSD storage. Most of our customers prefer 90GB to 240GB of SSD storage.
• Upgrade RAM to 4GB: $50
• Upgrade RAM to 8GB: $80
• Upgrade hard drive to 60GB SSD: $100
• Upgrade hard drive to 120GB SSD: $200
• Upgrade hard drive to 240GB SSD: $400
Mac Mini options:
Several processor and video card upgrade options are available from Apple at the time of purchase. Please note that RAM and hard drives can be upgraded at any time, but processors and video cards can not be upgraded. The 2.7GHz dual-core Intel i7 and AMD Radeon HD 6630M video card upgrades are highly recommended for customers who intend to use audio DSP and/or HD video.
• 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 processor, 4GB RAM, and AMD Radeon HD 6630M: $200
• 2.7GHz dual-core Intel i7 processor, 4GB RAM, and AMD Radeon HD 6630M: $300
All Mac Minis have the following I/O ports: HDMI, 4X USB, I/O optical digital audio, I/O analog audio, Firewire, Thunderbolt, SD card reader, and ethernet.
Because we are licensed resellers of all major software, we can preload your media server with your choice of operating systems and media player software. The standard media server comes with Apple OS X, iTunes media player, Apple DVD player, and Audirvana’s free media player software.
• Amarra media player: $99.95
• Windows 7 operating system: $149.95
• JRiver media player: $49.95 (requires Windows OS)
Joule II Power Supply upgrade options:
The external power supply included is an entry level Joule II external power supply, and DC power cable. Each power supply upgrade will take the media server to a higher level of performance and refinement. Adding an internal power filter is highly recommended.
• Internal power filter: $200 and up
• AC filter board upgrades: $200 and up
• DC filter board upgrades: $200 and up
• Bybee Music Rail: $200
• Enigma DC cable: $200
What improvements will I see and hear when I upgrade the power supply?
When the distortion caused by power supply noise is removed, you will see and hear more contrasts and more low-level detail than ever before. Articulation of the sound and the motion improves, and the dynamic range of the sound and the color expands. In all cases, the harmonic content of the sound and the spectral integrity of visual content improves noticeably.
Depending on the content of the recorded medium, the result could be a more relaxed sound or appearance or a more intense sound or appearance. Only when the distortion caused by power supply noise is removed can we experience the true organic character and emotional content of the original recorded medium.
What effects do upgrade options have on performance?
Even our entry-level products incorporate extremely high-quality parts with exceptional performance. As you upgrade the components in the Joule II Power Supply, the harmonic content of the sound and spectral integrity of the visual content improve. With each upgrade, a new level of refinement is achieved.
There are some system-dependent considerations, such as AC vs. DC board upgrades. If you have good AC power or a high-end AC power conditioner, the impact of an AC filter upgrade will not be as substantial compared to the same upgrade on a Joule II that is plugged directly into the wall or used with a more modest AC power conditioner. Keep in mind that even our entry-level AC filter board will give better performance when plugged directly into the wall than most highly regarded AC power conditioners.
In most cases it is best to “build backward” from the consuming component to the AC source. For example, adding or upgrading the internal power filter inside a Mac Mini will normally result in a more noticeable improvement than upgrading the AC filter board. Remember that each upgrade will yield a smaller and smaller improvement in performance, so it would be unwise to upgrade one filter section to expensive V-Caps before first upgrading all filter sections in the power supply.
Don’t batteries have the purest DC power?
There is a common misconception that batteries have the purest DC power. The fact is, batteries use a chemical reaction to generate DC power. Each chemical reaction from each type of battery has its own audible noise signature that changes during different phases of the charge/uncharge cycle. The noise signature caused by the chemical reaction differs for each battery, which is why a specific type of battery, such as LIO4, sounds cleaner than another type, such as SLA.
Though better than the inexpensive wall wart type switching power supplies that come with many audio, video, and computer products, batteries can not compare to an ultralow-noise linear power supply in performance.
Ask yourself this question: if battery power has lower noise than high-end linear power supplies, then why are batteries used only in obscure audiophile products but not by the military, aerospace, and telecommunications industries?
For more information go to our website: www.mojo-audio.com
Contact us via email: email@example.com
Contact us by phone: 412.735.3618