Kef 202/2c Reference
center channel speaker in high gloss cherry finish (premium option from kef). Those looking at this listing likely are well aware of the quality off Kef's reference series speakers. For those that are not, please look around the web and forum to read up on these spectacular speakers (included one review at the bottom of this listing. *Note that the 202/2c
is the newer /
updated second generation of this Kef referencer series (not equivalent to the older 202/(1)c). Owner Comments
: I used this center in concert with the matching Kef floor standing speakers (203/2 reference) and the sound was excellent. I am only parting with this speaker in order to switch back to a stereo 2-channel setup. Buyer will be receiving a phenomenal piece of equipment that is truly reference quality
. Condition & Shipping
Original Factory Accessories Included
- This speaker is in great used condition; rated 7/10 conservatively for one superficial cosmetic blemish in the clear coat on the bottom right side (see photo). Feel free to ask any additional questions or request specific supplementary photos.
- Local pick-up in Chicago or buyer pays actual shipping & PayPal fee
- Two sets of connects (for mono-, bi-, or tri- amping options)
- Owner's Manual
- Certificate of authenticity from Kef
Reference Series Brochure & Manual
Specs (from Kef's website)
- Bass reflex three-way centre loudspeaker, magnetically shielded
- Hand-built and hand-finished by KEF Engineers in the historical KEF UK building.
- Drive Units: 2 x 165mm (6.5in.) LF, 1 x 165mm (6.5in.) Uni-Q MF including a 25mm (1in.) titanium HF
- Frequency Response: 65Hz - 60kHz
- Amplifier Requirements: 50 - 200W
- Dimensions: 200 x 630 x 315 mm (7.9 x 24.8 x 12.4 in.), Weight: 35 lbs.
• "With this new Reference series, we have resurrected this philosophy and updated it. The 205 gets all of the detail right(by right, I mean it knows what to do with that detail which is to present it in a musically accurate manner)."
• "Secondly, the high-gloss cherry wood finish immediately blew me away. That fine traditional British craftsmanship and design are evident in every aspect of the Reference, from the conservative yet elegant shape to fit and finish. The veneer appears seamless and is carefully hand-crafted in a mirror finish."