We almost always have a pair of these on display. Its a fantastic small monitor with hi-end dynamics and soundstage. This is an open box demo pair in perfect condition.
Amazing Frequency Range and Dynamics
The sculpted low-diffraction cabinet of Monitor Audio's diminutive Gold GX50 bookshelf speaker houses a single 5.5" RST bass driver and C-CAM ribbon transducer. The bass driver exhibits the low frequency extension and power handling of a much larger driver while the excellent C-CAM ribbon soars beyond conventional domed tweeters to a stratospheric 60 kHz. Consequently the GX50 combines the frequency range of the finest studio monitors with dynamics that defy its modest dimensions.
The Absolute Sound magazine honored the GX50 with an Editors' Choice Award. "The smallest member in the GX Series, this two-way standmount with ribbon tweeter shines brilliantly on vocals, with delicate texture, air, and bloom," said the magazine.
- Frequency Response 55hz - 60 Khz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 50-100 watts
- Ultra-rigid, lightweight C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) cone material provides high efficiency and low distortion
- Close-tolerance C-CAM ribbon high-frequency transducer for detailed sound, enhanced imaging, and extended high-frequency response
- 5-1/2" C-CAM woofer with latest generation RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) to enhance stiffness and reduce mass for greater speed and accuracy
- Heavily braced, curved cabinets for increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves
- Single bolt-through driver attachment provides mechanical decoupling and increased cabinet rigidity for greater clarity and resolution
- Bass-reflex (ported) design with HiVe® II technology for reduced port turbulence and higher velocity airflow
- High-quality crossovers with premium-grade polypropylene film capacitors for greater accuracy
- Dual gold-plated five-way binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- Speakers wired internally with specialized Pureflow® Silver cable
- 6-11/16"W x 11-13/16"H x 11-7/16"D
- Weight: 16.5 lbs. (each)
- Warranty: 5 years
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Rubber feet
- 2 Foam port plugs
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Original box, manual and packing
SALON 1 Audio specializes in quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings over retail. We have a 'rare' audio showroom and listening room on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.