Purchased 2/16. Original owner. Full range sound. No need for subwoofer. Easy to place. THIS IS NOT A SOUND BAR. IT IS A POWERED SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH TRUE STEREO SEPARATION AND FULL BASE. Selling to move up the Role Audio line. .Thanks for looking.
From the Role Audio website:
The Sampan Music Box is an amplified stereo speaker system that is inspired by our critically acclaimed Sampan, employing 3.5 inch full range drivers in two folded transmission lines. It features a built in 100 watt amplifier (50 watt per channel). You supply the source. It is intended mainly for use as an near field, desktop or on wall mounted small music system, but it makes a great bookshelf system and will work well with a remote Bluetooth transmitter as wireless rear channels in high-end theater systems.Typically an audiophile desktop speaker system has a separate amp, two speakers, a sub on the floor and a tangle of wires connecting them. The Sampan Music Box incorporates all these elements in one slender cabinet that is 42 by 5 by 4.5 inches (107 by 13 by 12 cm) that may be placed at the back of the desk or on the wall. The interface is simplicity itself as you connect a source via a 3.5 mm input jack on the front or via a pair of RCA jacks on the back. That's it. One wire in for power, one wire in for source. No subwoofer is necessary as the bandwidth is 35 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
Read press release for the Sampan Music Box
- Super compact all in one stereo music system
- Designed for nearfield desktop, on-wall, and portable placement
- Reproduces audible frequency spectrum
- 100 watt amplifier (50 watts per channel)with less then .01% THD @ 30 watts
- Folded Transmission lines design for incredibly neutral frequency response and extended bass response
- Perfect time coherent, minimum phase, point source design
- Magnetically shielded
- Convenient 3.5 input jack on front panel for quick connection to portable audio devices
- Front panel mounted 1/4 headphone jack with adapter for 3.5 mm earphones
- Rear mounted RCA jacks for connection to larger audio devices
- Eco-friendly and health-friendly non-toxic finish
- Built in short circuit, thermal, and overload protection
- World compatible 24V @ 5A switch mode power supply included
- Dimensions: 42 X 4.5 X 5.25 (W X H X D) inches
- Bandwidth 35 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20,000 Hz +/- 3.5 dB
- (2) 3.5 inch cast frame full range transducers
- Dual folded transmission lines design.
- Minimum phase, point source, time coherent design
- Modified DTA-100A Class T Digital Power Amplifier featuring Tripath TK2050 chipset with 50 watts per channel
- into an 8 ohm load.
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.01% @ 30 watts, < 5.0% @ 50 watts output
- Signal to noise ratio: 103 dB, A weighted
- Input impedance 2 k ohms +/- 5%
- Channel separation: 95 dB
- Electrical requirement: 24VDC @ 5A center pin positive (included)