Monitor Audio's Platinum Line employs some real revelations in loudspeaker design. From (ARC) Anti-resonant, mineral loaded composite cabinets, to accelerated, low-turbulence ports to stiffened drivers made with exotic space-age materials, the resulting sound is nothing short of breath-taking in terms of dynamics and imaging.
Years of loudspeakers development by Monitor was all put to use the design of their flagship Platinum line. The compact 100 is a reference monitor that reveals every nuance of your music in stunning realism.
Then there is the hand finished Santos Rosewood gloss finish, trimmed in leather cabinets with such attention to detail that are worth the price even is they didn't make any music!
This pair was just taken on trade from a 'mature' client who cared from them extremely well. We searched for a blemish and could not find anything that would make us rate them nothing less than excellent. As a Monitor Audio dealer we will honor the remaining warranty. Inlcude original box, packing, accys and manual.
Note: The stands shown are not included. They are Sonus Faber Domus stands and we thought they looked great on them. They are also for sale if interested. FEATURES:
- Single Ported HiVe® II technology
- Sealed Mid-range TLE® (Tapered Line Enclosure)
- 1 x 6 1/2” long-throw C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) bass drivers with RDT® (Rigid Diaphragm Technology)
- 1 x C-CAM high frequency ribbon transducer
- ARC® (Anti-Resonance Composite) baffled cabinet
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in black Ingleston premium grade leather.
- Finish: Santos Rosewood with clear gloss piano lacquer.
- Frequency Response - 42 Hz - 100 KHz
- Sensitivity ([email protected]) -88 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 Ohms
- Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room) - 112.6 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS) - 50 - 120 W
- Bass Alignment - Rear Ported HiVe®II technology
- External Dimensions - (HxWxD) - 24.25" X 13.4" X 14.4"
- Weight - 28.6 Lbs (each)
SALON 1 Audio specializes in quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings over retail. We have a 'rare' audio showroom and listening room on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.