Hi there! I'll be relocating next year, and sadly I'm breaking up the home theater, selling these beautiful speakers, a pair of Vandersteen 2ce signatures, HSU subwoofer and Von Schweikert 1x LCR-15 center channel. All are in excellent mechanical condition from a smoke-free, pet-free, child-free home, with no scuffs, scratches or grill cloth damage whatsoever on the 2ce's or center channel. One of the VSM's has a small chip on the top cover, but those caps are replaceable. And there's a surface scratch on the front of the subwoofer. In fact, there's no sunlight fading either since everything has been in the basement home theater. While the 2ce's were purchased from the original owner on audiogon along with their metal support stands, these VSM-1's, the center channel speaker and subwoofer were all purchased brand new. "Mahogany Walnut" is the color for all four Vandersteens. Original boxes are included, along with a center channel stand and velvet bag for the Von Schweikert. I'll also be including a nice subwoofer cable and other wiring at no additional charge. Local pickup in the DC/Northern VA area is totally fine. Or everything will be carefully packaged/shipped. If buying multiple items, discounts may also be available. Feel free to call or text with any questions: 703/851-3332. ***
VON SCHWEIKERT LCR-15 SPECIFICATIONS:
* SYSTEM TYPE: Shielded quasi three-way full range dialogue/general purpose speaker system. One of the two woofers is used for bass only, while the second is used for midbass and midrange. Can be placed horizontally or vertically.
* BASS LOADING: Aperiodic Pressure Release design using 100% stuffing density. Note that the vents are not bass reflex ports, but act as pressure release orifices. Can be placed inside a wall unit.
* BASS DRIVERS: 2pc --5.5" heavy- duty bass/midrange with cast frame, cellulose acetate pulp cones impregnated with mica substrate and damped with a carbon fiber/resin polymer, Low Distortion Motor system, butyl rubber surrounds, long throw spider, high temperature voice coil and magnetic shielding. This new driver design has a very natural sound quality with inaudible coloration or distortion.
* TWEETER: 1" - composite silk/polymer resin dome with Ferrofluid liquid cooling, high temperature voice coil, Low Distortion Motor design, and magnetic shielding. This tweeter is very musical, without harshness, even at high volume levels that would cause "standard" tweeters to distort.
* CROSSOVER: Global Axis Integration Network (synthesized steep filters with phase-consistent behavior) with 220 Hz and 2.2 kHz crossover points. This crossover design has been engineered to radiate sound in a wide "bubble" instead of a "beam," so that phase and frequency response does not radically change off-axis. The audiophile-quality parts have been hand selected, including polypropylene capacitors and premium air core inductors.
* BINDING POSTS: High quality audiophile five-way binding posts with rhodium plating
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 35 Hz to 25 kHz, (-6dB points, in room)
* SENSITIVITY: 87.5 dB one watt/one meter
* POWER HANDLING: 8 watts min. / 200 watts peak
* IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms nominal (7 ohm minimum / 19 ohms maximum)
* WEIGHT: 20 lbs unpacked
… 17.5" Wide
… 10.25" Deep
… 7.5" High (placed horizontally)
* FINISH: Black Ash