For sale - from my record collection - one of my top-prized items, by singer-songwriter loner VERNON WRAY (1924-1979), titled:
original 1972 pressing on private label Vermillion Records V 1972 W, STEREO, made in USA. Plain paper inner sleeve.
Album recorded on 8 and 3 tracks at Copper State Sound and Wray's Shack (formerly private studio of brothers Wray in Tucson, Arizona)
VERNON WRAY'S ONLY ALBUM EVER RECORDED AND RELEASED, PRESSED IN 400 COPIES (with just a few dozens known to still exist in playable status)
- front cover is close to NM (having both right corners a little touched; possibly NM overall)
- back cover is NM
- vinyl is between Exc. to NM (having on each side some sleeve marks plus light imprints left by the original wrinkled paper inner sleeve-that was replaced by a proper one). There are no scratches or other visible flaws (without the light imprints the vinyl would have been MINT)
Record was cleaned and tested, playing as close as possible to MINT.
PERSONNEL: Vernon Wray (vocals, guitars, percussion-the oldest brother of the three Wray musicians), LINK WRAY (guitars, dobro, mandolin, background vocals), DOUG WRAY (drums, background vocals) with 6 guest musicians added on some tracks (drums, piano, flute, hand clapping)
10 tracks, 4 on side one, 6 on side two. All songs written by Vernon Wray. Starting with "Facing all the same tomorrows" and ending with "Prison song". Arranged by Link and Doug Wray. Produced by Vernon Wray. Music is a special country-folk crossover fused with blues elements, rendered in a psychedelic style. Also, the music can be defined as rural psych-folk rendered in a dreamy style. Very interesting and special music and album from start to finish. The only copy I've ever seen (acquired about twenty years ago from the original owner). Highly recommended! Popsike has listed a few such albums with a top of $389 for a sealed copy.
- the album's music is not the classic psychedelic rock sound that was basically associated with the psychedelic sub-genre but a rare combination country-folk-blues-psych, hard-to-find elsewhere (rendered mostly in a mellow tone)
- very rare album, almost impossible to be found again in playable condition
- the price is fair as set at around half of the Popsike sealed copy
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE
FREE SHIPPING FOR U.S. (VIA PRIORITY MAIL INSURED) AND INTERNATIONAL BUYER (VIA AIRMAIL)
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM THE NUMBER ONE VINYL SELLER FROM AUDIOGON! Thank you, Emil - Hartford, CT, USA