ITEM RELISTED AT $5 OFF
For sale - from my personal collection - the following LP by special 60's folk-pop singer-songwriter NANCY AMES (born 1937), titled:
1. "SPICED WITH BRASIL"
HIGHLIGHTED BY THE GUITAR ARTISTRY OF LAURINDO ALMEIDA
original 1967 pressing on Epic Records LN 24238, MONOAURAL, made in USA. Plain paper inner sleeve.
- cover is still in factory shrink wrap (sharp corners; small punch hole near the upper left corner)
- vinyl is NM side one and MINT side two
Record was cleaned and tested, playing MINT.
PERSONNEL: Nancy Ames (vocals) with Stu Phillips jazz combo plus special guest the legendary Brazilian guitarist LAURINDO ALMEIDA. Singer with DEBUT ALBUM (A portrait of Nancy) released 1963. Main years active 60's.
10 tracks, starting with "Pow, pow, pow (Mas Que Nada)" and ending with "So Nice (Summer Samba)". Studio recordings. Arranged and produced by legendary Stu Phillips. Music is a very interesting and special Latin jazz-pop fusion 60's style based on Brazilian rhythms (mostly bossa nova plus occasional samba - from slow tempo to mid tempo rendition). Sung mostly in English (plus partial Spanish on a couple of tracks-this from memory). Superb music and album from start to finish. A must-have album by all collectors of Latin jazz and Brazilian music. A collector's item, highly recommended!
- I bought this album about twenty-two years ago from the original owner
- record was played twice (once by the original owner plus once by myself)
- rare album in MONO version and this top condition overall
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM THE NUMBER ONE VINYL SELLER FROM AUDIOGON! Thank you, Emil - Hartford, CT, USA