This DAC uses the CS8416 digital chip for the optical and S/PDIF inputs which supports bit depths up to 24bit and sampling rates up to 192KHz when connected via an optical or coaxial digital cable.
The CM-108 USB receiving chip is used for the USB input, which supports up to 16bit/48KHz. When fed via USB, the data stream is converted directly to I2S, which allows for the lowest jitter possible in this particular design. The DAC chip used is the very well regarded Burr Brown/TI PCM1796 which also supports 24bit/192KHz decoding.
The two piece aluminum enclosure keeps the power transformer and accompanying circuitry apart from the DAC circuitry. This allows these two sections to be well isolated from each other and contributes to the DAC's low level of self noise and clarity of sound.
I am the original owner. I purchased this unit from OBAD Imports about a year ago. I did not receive a manual or power cord with it so neither are included in the sale.
Check my feedback and buy with confidence.
US sales only so please don't ask.
I also have the PopPulse T-150 MKII Integrated Amplifier for sale as well.
• BB/TI PCM1796 DAC chip
• CS8416 digital receiver chip
• CM108 USB input chip, converted directly to I2S
• Digital coaxial input level: 0.5vp-p
• Input impedance: 75ohm
• Digital optical input level: -15dBm
• Digital encoder: 24 bit / 192 KHz
• D/A converter: 24 bit / 192 KHz
• Audio output: 2.0v (1kHz, 0dB)
• USB Terminal input: USB 2.0 Standard
• S/N: 116dB
• Dynamic range: 118dB
• THD: .0015%
• Frequency response: 18Hz-20kHz
• Power supply: AC 230v/115v (+/- 10%) 50/60Hz
• Max power dissipation: 50W
• 9 3/4: W X 1 3/4" H X 5 1/2" D