Up for sale is a B&K Reference 70 Pre-Amplifier/Processor/Tuner with balanced XLR output for all channels as well as one set of inputs and an AES/EBU digital input.
These are getting to be very hard to find. I really don't want to part with it but I just have too much equipment and my dedicated theater has been delayed several times now. It was used lightly for about 4 years and then boxed up and stored. I recently decided to start selling off some of my gear since my theater has not been completed and I've decided to go the Atmos route.
Works great, screen is bright and has worked well for me as a two channel preamp. Comes with a programmable remote control which is still new in the box, remote control programming cable, a copy of the quick start guide, and I will burn a copy of the B&K AVR 707 Receiver's owners manual on CD, and provide that to the buyer. The remote control has never been used but someone left batteries in it at one time and one of them did leak in the remote. That was cleaned up and did not appear to leave any issues behind.
There are a couple of small scuffs on the chassis of the processor, nothing that looks bad. The face is in great condition with the exception of a scuff on the top right edge, please see the pictures. BTW, nothing is bowed, my camera lens apparently does not have the best optics and makes straight lines look slightly bowed in the middle.
I am also including the rack mount face-plate that has never been used. There are a couple marks on the edges of the face-plate from storage but nothing major. It looks great.
I do not have the original box but will package this in another processor box of similar size for protection.
This processor has some of the best sounding ADC and DAC circuitry of any processor. B&K recognized that in order to excel with this processor, they needed to design a processor with the highest quality digital circuitry and they did a great job with it.
Thanks for looking.
Reference 70 preamplifier/processor/tuner! The Reference 70 is easy to use, great sounding and delivers crystal clear high definition video to your home theater. Simple to set-up and easy to use, the Reference 70 provides a level of sophistication and ease of use that is unparalleled in the
* 14 discreet Audio & Video Inputs including 6 HDMI Inputs
* Hi-performance True Video upconverting and scaling of Component, Composite and S-Video to 1080P
* 16 Digital Inputs (8 optical / 8 coaxial) including digital audio on all 6 HDMI inputs
* B&K's New GUI On-Screen Interface with Overlays up to 1080P via HDMI
* Built in FM/AM Tuner with Simple Tuner Preset Stations
* Ethernet port (RJ-45) for IP Command and Control
* Full 2-Way RS-232
* Built-In 14 Source Discreet IR Routing
* Up to 7.1 Analog Inputs for SACD / DVD Audio / Dolby True HD / DTS Master
* 7.1 Balanced (XLR) Outputs for High Quality amplifier connections
* New Smart Sync Programmable Audio & Video Preferences by B&K
* Made in the U.S.A
The Reference 70 uses Silicon Optix's Reon Video Processor to set a new standard for video excellence,
we call it Hollywood Quality Video, or HQV. The Reference 70 also sets new standards of audio performance
using Freescale's audio processors. Combine the Reference 70 with a matching B&K amplifier and the
experience is simply awesome.