DATASAT AP20 world class HD Surround processor/preamp with Dirac Live.
The AP20 is the professional grade processor that the RS20i is modeled from. This is physically identical to the RS20i, as the RS20i is a derivative of this machine with a sexier faceplate. ((Note the comparison pics of the front and back panels of the AP20 atop the RS20 in the listing photos.)) (((ALSO Note: The RS20i is BUILT on the AP20, but they are not the same machine.)))
The AP20 is nearly infinitely configurable with Channel Dirac, 3rd Octave, and Full Parametric EQ, in addition to Crossover, Tone and precise Delay controls…for EACH of the 16 output channels. The AP20 is powerful enough to run your local Digital Cinema with 80+ speakers, but flexible and refined enough to run your home 5.1, 7.1, to 16 channel system. It’s absolutely bulletproof! Designed to run Digital Cinema systems all day everyday, this unit has only been used several times per month in the care of my personal media room.
Unit is in mint condition and comes with 2 sets of 1m DATASAT 8 CHANNEL DB25 to XLR Breakout Cables, for any combination of up to 16 channels of analog or digital outputs.
Thank you for your interest!
Feel free to contact me with any questions!
The Datasat AP20 is the product of years of innovation and experience in delivering digital sound for cinema. It delivers the precise reproduction of both digital and analog sources. It is the professional solution that is developed by sound engineers for sound engineers.
The AP20 offers an outstanding array of features in a single box. With 16 channels of digital and analog inputs and outputs, it delivers an impressive total of 85 input options and 34 output options – almost double its nearest competitors. The result is that the AP20 is one of the few audio processors capable of 3D audio today.
Its market leading features include unique room optimization technology, granular sound control and a comprehensive range of memory pre-sets to facilitate room tuning and the optimum playback of alternative content. The AP20 delivers a true-to-source sound stage with unbeatable voice intelligibility and crystal clear musical score and effects reproduction.
The Datasat AP20 is an extremely comprehensive digital signal processing (DSP) solution for cinema with an outstanding range of features available in a single chassis.
16 channels of digital audio
With 16 channels of digital audio available as standard, the AP20 leverages the power of six Analog Devices 400MHz DSPs. In addition, it includes one S/PDIF, two TOSLINK and four HDMI 1.3 inputs with Blu-ray decoding to provide the ability to handle widest range of professional and consumer content. Its channel support allows the AP20 to accommodate the standard 5.1 digital surround up to and beyond the 11.1 and 13.1 sound formats required for the next generation of 3D audio.
Extensive equalization functionality
The AP20 comes with 31 bands of third octave and three bands of parametric equalization on every channel. In all, the AP20 delivers 512 individual equalization bands. In addition, each channel includes low, high and bandpass filters as well as individual treble and bass controls to deliver a stunning clarity of sound.
Market-leading room optimization
The AP20 takes advantage of Datasat's exclusive licensing of Dirac Live room optimization technology for the cinema industry. This makes the AP20 the only cinema audio processor to include true working mixed-phase correction. In addition to impulse response optimization, you receive advanced tools to correct issues in both the time and frequency domains including magnitude response correction, early reflection reduction and bass management.
Restored sound stage
The advanced room optimization technologies in the AP20 combined with its audio equalization and audio delay capabilities allow you to deliver a sound stage that is transparent and true-to-source. Regardless of room design or speaker arrangement, you're able to tune the listening environment to provide the optimum experience whatever content type is being played.
Multiple memory presets
Every facet of a properly tuned room is captured and stored. The room can be tuned to optimize different content types. The memory presets can then be used to switch quickly between set-ups as the content changes without having to re-tune the room. In addition, all presets can be saved to a USB memory stick. This provides security in case of failure but also allows for the rapid tuning of new rooms. In new cinema construction where all rooms are designed to be identical, you an use one audio processor to tune the initial room, save this to the memory presets on the USB stick and tuning the next room becomes as easy as downloading the memory presets onto that room's processor.
Ease of management
The AP20 presents you with a number of features to make management flexible and convenient. In addition to a range of wireless remote control options – including smartphone, tablet and laptop support – the system includes Ethernet and RS232 connects with up to 20 user-defined set-up and operational profiles.
Digital Audio Decoders
• Dolby Digital / AC3
• DTS Master Audio / DTS ES / DTS 5.1 / Neo:6
Digital Audio Inputs
• Channels: 16
• Connector: Two DB25 (Female) connectors (1-8) and (9-16)
• Digital Format: AES/EBU
• Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192kHz
Other Digital Audio Inputs
• Connector: Two TOSLINK (optical S/PDIF) and 1 coaxial (S/PDIF)
Analog Audio Inputs
• Channels: 8 balanced that are fully routable as to output,
can be connected unbalanced
• Connector: DB25 (Female)
• Impedance: 10k ohms
• Sensitivity: 300mv rms
Other Analog Audio Inputs
• Channels: 2 stereo single ended and routable (non-sync) input pairs
• Connector: 4 RCA jacks
• Impedance: 10k ohms
• Sensitivity Adjustable: -16dBv to -4dBv
• Single channel -68dBv to -8dBv input (XLR female connector) with switchable
+48V phantom power
HDMI Audio & Video Inputs
• Audio Channels: Up to 8 (PCM, DTS-HD Master Audio & Dolby AC3)
• Connectors: 5 HDMI connectors (ie: 4 switched as inputs and 1 as output –
Video passed thru)
• HDMI 1.3 compliant digital audio with video pass-thru
Digital Audio Outputs
• Channels: 16 (fully routable as to input)
• Connector: Two DB25 (Male) connectors (1-8) and (9-16)
• Digital Format: AES/EBU
• Sample Rates: 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192kHz
Analog Audio Outputs
• Balanced (can be connected unbalanced or single ended)
- Channels: 16 (fully routable as to input), common mapping with
- Connectors: Two DB25 (Male) (1-8) and (9-16)
- Level: -10dBu with Fader at 7, +26dBu max (balanced)
• Connector: 1 single ended RCA output, channel-selectable to drive an
external monitor. Adjustable Levels, to 300mv rms
• Connector: 1 single ended RCA output, summed output for
Assistive Listening . - Fixed Level Out, 300mv rms
100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, auto-switching
60w power consumption
3U 19” rackmount standard
Imperial - 5.25”(H) x 19.0”(W) x 15.0”(D) Shipping Weight: 20lbs
Metric - 13.33 cm(H) x 48.25 cm(W) x 38.1 cm(D) Shipping Weight: 9kg
Dirac Live® Room Optimization
• 16-Channel Dirac Live® room optimization
• Installer kit required to install Dirac Live®
3rd Octave EQ
• 16 channels - 31 user-adjustable bandpass filters
• Adjustable in 0.5dB steps; total gain or loss of 6dB
• Frequencies range from 20Hz to 20kHz.
• 16 channels with 3 user-adjustable parametric filters for shaping
• Adjustable from 20 to 200Hz, gain +/-6dB in 0.1dB steps
• Q range from 0.7 to 5.
Hi/Low/Bandpass Active Crossovers
• Adjustable from 20Hz to 20kHz; adjustable slope of 6, 12, 18 or 24dB per octave
Bass/Treble tone control
• Adjustable +/-6dB at 150Hz and 5.5kHz
Individual Channel Delays
• 0 - 1000ms (ie: 0 to 1 second delay)
• 0 – 250ms
Note: Total delay per channel not to exceed 1000ms (ie: 1 second)
• 2 RS232 DB9s
• 10/100 Ethernet
• Updated, controlled, and monitored via TMS using Ethernet
• Smart Phone Remote Control
• Named profiles identifying inputs, output, filter and channel gain settings
• Touchscreen or automation format switching
• Export/Load of user profile to additional cinema processors with identical
room setups (via USB)