KRELL Home Theater Standard (HTS V2 - 5.1) SSProcessor Preamplifier
Krell’s top of the line SSProcessor/Preamp from 2001 - the Home Theatre Standard (V2 - with the new chassis design). This a 5.1 channel unit. It’s in excellent cosmetic shape, and is in 100% working order. Comes with Print manual, remote and power cord.
My Opinion HTS2 Have better 2 Channel Preamp than HTS 7.1
PAYPAL ADD 3.5% PLEASE .
The Krell HTS2 is impressively built. Its Architech construction means lots of luxe anodized-aluminum panels bolted together to increase structural rigidity. It’s definitely a component that screams for attention. In addition, the component is built in modules like a computer, with individual cards containing entire circuits rising vertically from the unit's base. This modular construction means upgradeability is designed in from the beginning.
The front panel is lined with small silver-colored buttons that control all the basic functions. The credit-card-sized remote control that duplicates these commands, will, in all probability, see more use than the front panel. It is uncluttered, intuitive, and easy to use. Centrally located in the faceplate is a large display whose green readout can be read without much effort from about 12 feet across the room.
The back panel is clean and well thought out. Its slew of high-quality connectors includes a set of balanced inputs and outputs for all sources and channels. These use a lot of space, but Krell considers them necessary for long runs and for the numerous top-flight amplifiers that operate in differential mode. Yet, the rear panel is laid out intelligently.
- Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic decoding
- Krell Music Surround modes (nine)
- Analog inputs: one pair balanced (XLR), five pair single ended (RCA)
- Digital inputs: six coaxial, two TosLink
- Video inputs: four S-video, four composite, two component
- Analog outputs: six balanced (XLR), six single ended (RCA), one DB-25
- Digital outputs: one coaxial, one TosLink
- Video outputs: two S-video, two composite, one component
- Dual-zone capability
- Analog tape loop
- Krell Current Mode topology