Electrostatic Solutions offers for sale a pair of full restored Quad ESL63. Peter Walker's second wonder has been hailed a triumph since its introduction in 1981. Its newer brethren, the 98 and 05 series of speakers, still remain at the cutting edge of speaker technology. After a quarter century of production the Quad still remains 'The Closest Approach'.
The ESL63 as originally conceived and delivered by Peter Walker, when working to original factory specification, can still be considered a reference quality speaker. Original production of the ESL63 stopped in the mid-90s. Late production ESL63 can sometimes be found in good operating condition; most units are now approaching 15-25 years in age and show signs of problems. Few will operate to original specification.
Our goal is to restore the ESL63 to its original factory specification. Our complete rebuild addresses the major areas of failure with older ESL63s. Common problems are:
- Glue failure on critical stator components causing noise, sparking and finally diaphragm collapse. All stator components are cleaned of the original adhesive and rebonded using newer performance bonding compounds.
- EHT high voltage board failure. A new EHT board is fitted.
- Most units will show some amount of foam rot. Foam is used in many critical locations to damp internal frame resonances. All internal damping foam is replaced.
- Internal high-voltage wire is replaced including delay line.
The final rebuilt speaker incldues:
- (8) panels rebuilt to original factory specification.
- New acoustically transparent grille cloth.
- New dust covers.
- 5-way binding posts replace original speaker connectors.
- New shipping containers.
Asking price is for a standard production Quad ESL63 completely restored. Upgrade options are available including improved safety screens, upgraded electronics, upgraded RC network at additional cost.
Electrostatic Solutions offers that finest service, sales and rebuild options for classic electrostatic loudspeakers. Your complete satisfaction is assured with a 30-day money back guarantee on all products and a 3-year warranty. Our asking price includes shipping for most locations in N. America. Email for further information, call 913-208-7657 or check out our website.
Thank you for your interest!