The Raysonic CD-138 is our favorite stock CD player at near its under $2,000.00 price. The stock player is a beautiful top loading 24 bit/192k upsampling player that uses a Class A Triode tube output stage. It has variable output and can run directly into a power amp. It offers both RCA and XLR outputs. We offer a mod for each type of output. I uses a Philips VAM 1202 transport and has a nice metal remote.
The CD-138 was the one of the Stereotimes 10 most wanted products of 2010.
In the review they summed up with:
"Its nice to know that great high-end equipment can still be had at reasonable prices. Sadly, the music retail industry may dictate that many people will begin building music libraries via the internet, music server downloads, etc. and CD players may soon become more like
well, turntables. But if you're still inclined to anchor your stereo system with a gorgeous looking and sounding CD player, that wont jeopardize the family's nest egg, then I can't think of a player anywhere near this price range that I could recommend more than the Raysonic CD-138."
Read the entire review here:
The many Features of the stock player are listed at the bottom of this ad.
Our Level-1 and 2 mods are available for either the RCA or XLR signal paths of the player as they are totally separate.
The following parts are used in the L-1 RCA mod:
1) Two dual Burr-Brown OPA-627AU op amp module (using two single op amps, mounted on a custom DIP adapter).
2) Four Mundorf M-Cap metalized polypropylene output coupling caps;
3) Four Rel-cap TFT Teflon Film & Tin Foil coupling cap bypasses
4) Two feet of DH LABS 23 AWG pure 99.99% pure silver, solid-core hook-up wire, with foamed Teflon, tape wrap dielectric
5) Eight Cree Silicon Carbide high voltage Schottky rectifying diodes
6) Eight Nichicon KZ Muse PS electrolytic caps.
7) Eight Takman Japanese-made audio-grade metal film 1% signal path resistors replace the stock resistors
8) One sheet of Soundcoat for damping chassis resonances
9) Four large EAR compliant Sorbothane isolation feet
10) 1pr. of Vampire direct-gold over Copper, Teflon dielectric machined RCA jacks replace the stock brass RCA's
11) WBT 4% silver solder used throughout
12) 5 hours of Installation Labor
Level 2 is as above but we replace the Burr Brown opamps with Two dual BURSON AUDIO discrete op amp modules, on custom circuit board assemblies, terminated with DIP spaced flying leads. There are over 68 discrete parts per module.
The modified players are more detailed with added transparency. Dynamics are greatly improved. They have a larger more 3D soundstage. Bass response is tighter with better extension. The slight grain in the stock machine is also removed.
Level-1 mod is $1200.00 + freight to your player
New L-1 modified players are available for $2690.00
Add $250.00 for the level-2 mod
Call to discuss our Level-1 and Level-2 XLR mods.
Read our over 11500 points of feedback and buy with confidence from AudiogoN's #1 rated seller.
We accept Visa, MasterCard & money orders.
Call 770-667-5633 with questions or to order.
GA residents add 6% sales tax.
We also sell the stock players. Call for pricing.
* Full-featured true balanced Push-pull top Loading CD-Player.
* Real class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage.
* Very compact output buffer.
* 2 x 6922EH triodes tubes-Russia.
* Ceramic tube sockets.
* Warm up function-extends tube life time.
* 1pc CIRRUS CS4398.
* Upsampling 24bit/192KHZ.
* Philips CD transport mechanism.
* Suspension system to isolate the CD-transport from vibration.
* Mundorf MKP capacitors.
* Solen-MKP capacitors.
* Large noiseless C-core power transformers.
* Mirrored display glass.
* Display dimmer & mute function.
* Metal remote volume control.
* Background light display LED ON/OFF function.
* Crafted high grade 8mm aluminium-brushed and anodized chassis: black or silver.
* Vacuum Tubes: Russia 6922EH x 2.
* CD transport: Philips VAM 1202.
* Conversation rate: 24bit/192kHz.
* Output Level: 0-2.7V.
* Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz, ±0.5dB.
* Separation: >93dB.
* S/N Ratio: >100dB.
* Distortion: * Dynamic Range: 102dB.
* Output impedance Single Ended RCA-110 ohms.
* Output impedance Balanced XLR-175 ohms.
* Digital output: 75 ohm.
* Power Consumption: 35 watts.
* Remote volume control: yes.
* Dimensions: 48L x 33 W x 9.6 H (cm).
* Operating Voltage: 100-120 VAC. 50Hz/60Hz (220-240VAC 50Hz/60Hz).
* Weight: 25 pounds
Acoustic Zen, Audio Space tube electronics, Bob Carver tube amps, Creek, Denon, Emerald Physics, Epos, Furutech ADL, Gallo, Gini Systems, Graham Slee, Jolida, Marantz Reference, Mordaunt Short loudspeakers, Modwright amps & preamps, Music Hall, Peachtree Audio, Project, PS Audio, PurePower APS, Quad, Raysonic, Rolls Bellari, Silverline Audio speakers, SONOS, Spatial Computer, Spread Spectrum Technologies, VMPS Loudspeakers, Wireworld, Wyred 4 Sound, Wywires.
Sales policies on our website at www.underwoodhifi.com