Listed for sale is my Pioneer SX-A9-J Elite Receiver. I bought this receiver new in 2009 and have used it in my office until about a month ago when I replaced it with a 2 channel integrated with an on-board DAC.
Here are some specs:
- 70W Per Channel x 2
- USB Input
- XM Satellite Radio Ready -
- MM/MC Phono Input
- AM/FM Tuner
- Dimensions: 18.5W x 14.5"D
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Symmetrical, Dual Mono Amplifier and Power Supply Construction
- Dual Toroidal Based Mechanically Isolated Power Supply for Fast Response and Low Noise
- Adoption of a Schottky barrier diode, a majority carrier device. This gives it tremendous advantages in terms of speed. The Schottky diode also has a much higher current density than an ordinary diode making the diode ideal for use in power supply applications
- Class A/B Amplifier Stages featuring LAPT Output Transistors. LAPT output transistors are high-speed output transistors that operate over an extremely broad frequency range and produce minimal distortion even when handling large amounts of current
- Ultra Rigid Honeycomb Chassis Construction
- Sound Retriever Technology for Enhanced MP3/AAC File Playback
- Curved Profile Brushed Aluminum Front Fascia
- Large Gold Plated Multi-Way Binding Posts
- Air Studios Audio Tuning
- Unit is in EXCELLENT condition - shows very minor signs of use.
- Unit is in EXCELLENT working condition and sounds great.
- Includes Original Remote Control.
- Includes Original Owners Manual.
- Includes original box and packaging.
Can I tell you if the dual-mono power supply or honeycomb chassis construction or Schottky barrier diode really make a difference? I can't not. I can tell you the unit is built like a tank and sounds really good. When I got my new Creek I went back and forth over different tracks comparing the 2 and really could not tell much of a difference at all. The Pioneer had a slight warmness compared to the neutral Creek. But the Bass punch and detail were there 100%.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or to make offers. I'll absorb PayPal fees but shipping will be actual cost covered by the buyer or we can do face to face in NJ, NY or New England. Shipping will be via FedEx as I have had the best luck with them throughout the years. International buyers should contact me prior to
making an offer as there are additional challenges with overseas shipping. The original box will be packed in larger box with added protection. I have 100% feedback on this and other for-sale sites under the same member name.