REL Stadium III:
Excellent example of British manufacturer REL’s Stadium III Sub-bass system. REL subwoofers are renowned for their fast, articulate bass and ability to seamlessly blend with most speakers in stereo and surround configurations.
This unit was manufactured circa 2002 and has been well cared for in a smoke free, pet free environment. The Cherry wood finish is beautiful, with the exception of two dings – one on the top, and one on the front. I'm very conservatively giving it a 5/10 - aside from the two dings it is very clean.
Performance-wise, the sub is flawless. It has never been abused, pushed hard, or had the cabinet opened and perform exactly as REL intended. Original boxe is included, as is the Neutrik high-level cable. Specifications follow.
The sub is available to demo for serious parties on appointment. It is currently set up with Dynaudio Contour T 2.5s, a Bryston SP1 / 9BST, with a DVD / HDCD player and Rega Planar 3 (upon request). Bring some CD’s and vinyl!
Please do not contact me unless you are seriously interested, are not going to low-ball me, and are not going to feed me stories / scams.
I am happy to ship this via FedEx ground / home delivery at buyers expense. If you are interested, I will provide you with a shipping quote. I can deliver it in San Francisco for free, the greater Bay Area for fuel compensation.
***PayPal / cash / cashiers’ check / money order ONLY***
Please email me to set up a listening appointment. Thank you for your interest.
• True 200W (continuous) discrete direct-coupled MOSFET amplifier
• Downward-firing long-throw 250mm (10”) heavy–duty “Volt” driver, die-cast chassis
• Refined ABC® variable crossover adjustment in 24 musically correct semi-tone increments between 24Hz-106Hz.
• Acoustic Resistive Matrix (ARM) loading for smoother bass response
• Four position mode selector: line/LFE (0 degrees phase and 180 degrees phase)
• Audiophile grade toroidal transformer
• Gas-tight Neutrik high level connection for long-term consistency of sound quality
• High quality, panel-mounted twin phono inputs at 0dB and +12dB (low level)
• High and low level balanced inputs (Neutrik/XLR)
• Totally discrete input circuitry for high and low level inputs
• Separate volume controls for high and low-level adjustment
• Simultaneous connection of high and low level sources
• Set-Safe® audibly transparent driver protection
• Balanced-bridge power supply
• 4x ultra-rugged output devices
• Double-sided glass-fibre board with plated-through holes
• IEC power input socket - no captive leads for installation flexibility
• Hand-built in Great Britain, three year worldwide warranty
System Type: ARM loaded cabinet with ABC® semi-tone variable bass filter. 65 litre.
Lower Frequency Response: In room -6dB: 12Hz
Amplifier Input impedance: High level 100 kohm
Gain Control Range: Low level 10 kohm 80dB
Drive unit impedance: 8 ohm
Mains input voltage: 115 V 50/60 Hz or 230 V 50/60 Hz, subject to country
Dimensions WxHxD mm (inches) incl. feet and rear panel controls:
590x558x390 (23.25 x 21.98 x15.37)
Weight Kg (lbs): 50 (110.23)