Up for sale, SimAudio's biggest, baddest, best multi-channel amp. This amp is fully loaded with all 7 channels.
I have seen alot of Titans come and go but I have not seen a MC-8 in over 3 yrs. Here are some specs.
Relying on many technologies found in our highly-acclaimed Evolution Series power amplifiers, numerous physical and electrical constraints had to be overcome to create a multi-channel amplifier where all 7 channels would be capable of identically staggering performance. The result is the MOON MC-8 which can produce a maximum continuous power output of 250 watts per channel into 8 ohms, 500 watts per channel into 4 ohms and 1000 watts per channel into 2 ohms, generating a mind-numbing ultra-high-current output signal of 280 amperes spread across 7 channels.
The MC-8 is leaps beyond anything else available, even our own MOON Titan. A quick listen will reveal a level of sound purity, sheer power and limitless dynamics that no other multi-channel power amplifier has ever been able to attain, let alone hint at. The MOON MC-8 is a genuine masterpiece, a technological tour-de-force, and a colossal achievement that has no equal.
Significant Design Features:
· An enormous power supply featuring a proprietary toroidal transformer design that allows for
astonishing dynamics from Blu-Ray soundtracks
· The world’s first and only multi-channel amplifier capable of simultaneously handling 7 channels
of uncompressed audio without any dynamic compression
· Class “A” output to 5 watts for greater efficiency and refined sonics at typical listening levels
· Balanced differential circuitry
· Extremely fast circuitry for real-time amplification
· Modular circuit design using plug-in cards for the addition/removal of channels “in the field”
· Virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion
· Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting
in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
· A very high damping factor yielding extremely tight, accurate and fast reproduction of bass notes
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the highest quality electronic components
· RS-232 port for full custom external control
· 12 Volt trigger for remote operation
· Very short signal path for a faster transient response
· Requires a 220-240V AC power outlet
· Pure copper circuit board tracings with extremely low impedance characteristics
· Designed to remain powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Low operating temperature for an exceptionally long life.
This amp requires a special outlet for 220volt useage . I will provide this outlet to whoever purchases the amp.
This amp comes in a specially made crate for shipping. It will cost about $300 to ship depending on where you live.
I will only ship to the CONUS. Buyer pays all shipping.
I prefer paypal, please add 3% to price.
There is a small scratch on the side of cheek, see picture.
Any questions give me a call at 816-225-7071 ask for Jim (CST)time