Up for sale is my one owner Simaudio 700i integrated amp.
This unit has a black faceplate with silver cheeks and is less than one month old!
I have decided to move in an entirely different direction with my system, so here is an opportunity to pick up this unit for a great price.
Reviewed as the integrated amp to rival separates in Tone Audio Magazine and Stereophile.
Setting a new standard for Integrated Amplifiers !
The MOON 700i is the ultimate Integrated Amplifier. Intended to meet the needs of the most demanding music connoisseurs, it is fully differential dual-mono design, rated at 175 watts/channel into 8Ω, offering authority, finesse and superb control. Using a variety of new technologies developed since the introduction of the Evolution Series, the 700i provides more sonic transparency and accuracy than previously thought possible. In addition, this integrated it is extremely flexible and exemplifies a luxurious lifestyle.
New technologies include (i) the M-eVOL2 volume control, with a phenomenal 530 steps, allowing for an extremely precise level adjustment just like the MOON P-8 Preamplifier; (ii) New MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, provide tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; (iii) An input stage circuit which reduces noise, preserving image focus and integrity like never before.
There is a warmth and naturalness to the soundstage
that must be heard to be believed.
Significant Design Features:
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· IR input for external control
· Lynx circuitry which is a "no overall feedback" design resulting in genuine real-time amplification,
a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent IMD and the
elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal
loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased
current speed and better dynamics
· A dual-mono oversized power supply
· The preamplifier section is mounted on its own dedicated circuit board resulting in lower crosstalk
· SimLink controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
· M-eVOL2 volume control circuit using MDAC’s (operating in a current steering R-2R configuration)
which alter the audiio signal’s amplitude yielding no sonic degradation of the signal, regardless
of the selected volume setting
· Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting in
improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
· M-Lock for “user selectable” maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input
· “Gain offset” for each individual line input with a ±10dB range
· Each line input is fully configurable to be “home-theater ready”, where the gain section of the
700i is bypassed
· 530 individual volume steps in 1dB and 0.1dB increments
· An exceptionally short signal path , yielding a much faster transient response
· 12 Volt trigger output for remote operation
· "Class A" output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
· 4-Layer PCB’s with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; This results in
greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
· Improved reliabilty through the elimination of moving parts
· Low operating temperature for a longer than normal life expectancy
· Includes FRM-2 remote control.
Thank you for looking and buy with confidence with my excellent feedback.
Buyer to pay 3% Pay-Pal fees if applicable. Sale to USA only please.