Up for sale is a Simaudio MOON Andromeda CD Player.
It is a fully-balanced differential design, and represents the next generation of MOON high-performance audio components.
The Andromeda utilizes the very finest electronic components in conjunction with an astonishing 24-bit/705.6kHz internal up-sampling circuit and several newly developed proprietary technologies. The Andromeda brings the Redbook CD standard to previously unattainable performance levels. Further raising the bar, the MOON Andromeda can be fully integrated into a custom-install environment via an RS-232 port.
I am the original owner and have never had any problems with this unit.
This unit has always remained in a pet-free, child-free and smoke-free environment.
Please email with questions.
Please add 3% for Paypal.
INCLUDES: FRM-2 Remote
Significant Design Features:
• Internal 24-bit/705.6kHz upsampling using BurrBrown DF1704 Digital Filter with 16X oversampling
• Four precision matched 24-bit BurrBrown PCM1704U-K "Digital To Analog" converters
• Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback
• Digital input for use as a digital-to-analog converter with a music server or external transport
• Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
• Separate digital and analog power supplies housed in an external chassis
• SimLink controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
• Philips CD-Pro 2M transport mechanism mounted on our gel-based Delta suspension
• MOON Alpha Clocking System with PLL synchronization yielding 5 PPM of jitter
• Power supply voltage regulation includes i²DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering); There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit's signal path - 56 stages in all
• Top loading drawer with custom design disc clamping for improved stability and long term reliability
• A proprietary 6db/octave analog filter
• 4-Layer PCB's with pure copper tracings for a much shorter signal path; results are
greater sonic accuracy and a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
• Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
• Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
• Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance