Up for sale is a Simaudio MOON CP-8 Flagship Preamplifier/Processor.
The MOON CP-8 is a true flagship Surround Preamplifier / Processor. The CP-8 was designed with sound quality first and foremost in mind, and produces a previously un-imaginable level of sonic purity and realism.
The CP-8 has successfully implemented the most recent advancements in both HD video and digital audio decoding technologies. Coupled with State-of-the-Art analog circuitry, the MOON CP-8 is foolproof, and yet simple to operate.
The CP-8 represents 2 years of research and development by people who are passionate about, and inspired by, both film and music. The ultimate goal was to fully redefine the home-theater experience. The results can best be described as a flawless nerve center for the most sophisticated and high-performance audio/video systems regardless of the source material. Every experience will leave you completely breathless.
Outstanding features include: Exceptional digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital converters in conjunction with a heavily regulated and oversized power supply which yields unprecedented soundtrack reproduction that the competition's offerings can only hint at.
Other features include an ultra rigid chassis and a very carefully laid out circuit design, which created the finest sounding multi-channel processor available today.
When used solely as a 2-channel preamplifier for either digital or analog sources, amazing imaging and a lifelike soundstage prevail.
The CP-8 utilizes the finest available video processing hardware and software, located on circuit boards independent of audio processing, with a dedicated power supply, resulting in the most realistic picture yet; color accuracy that can be best described as a truly organic experience.
Retail New: $22,000
I am the original owner and have never had any problems with this unit.
This unit has always remained in a pet-free, child-free and smoke-free environment.
Please email with questions.
Please add 3% for Paypal.
INCLUDES: WRM2 Remote
Significant Design Features:
• 7.1 Channels with up-to-date HD audio and video decoding
• HDMI 1.3a inputs and output
• Three-zone multiple source capability
• RS-232C and serial IR ports for full custom external control
• Dual assignable 12 Volt trigger outputs
• HD Video Circuitry using 12-bit/216MHz encoders/decoders with NSV Precision Video that includes
Faroudja DCDi video processing, 1080p video pass-through, and up to 1080p analog-video-to-
• Full-function programmable remote-control with touch-screen
• An over-sized power supply with 2 transformers including 1 proprietary toroidal specifically for
analog audio circuitry
• Power supply voltage regulation includes 20 stages of i²DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering)
• 6 assignable digital audio inputs
• Secondary remote control for basic operation
• Hidden control panel allows for full operation and setup without a remote control
• 10 DSP simulation playback Modes
• Auto Surround Mode for Digital & Analog inputs
• 2 subwoofer outputs
• Three user-selectable muting levels
• "Auto Setup Calibration" (w/ microphone); Auto & Manual room calibration
• Audyssey "MultEQ XT" with "Dynamic Volume" and "Dynamic EQ"
• Crossover points at 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150 & 250Hz in either 12 dB or 24dB steps
• Built-in AM/FM Tuner and RIAA Phono Section (MM)
• SIRIUS and XM Satellite Radio ready
• Short signal paths for a faster transient response
• Designed to remain powered up at all times for optimal performance.
• Dolby True HD
• Dolby Digital Plus
• Dolby Digital Surround EX
• Dolby Pro Logic IIx (cinema, music & game modes)
• DTS-HD Master Audio
• DTS ES Discrete 6.1 & Matrix 6.1
• DTS Neo:6 Stereo-to-Surround (cinema & music modes)
• DTS 96/24 5.1
• 10 DSP simulation playback modes
• Audio signal delay for synchronization with video
• Auto Surround Mode (for ea. digital & analog input)
• Multi-channel Stereo mode for 5, 6, and 7 channels
• Active Center Channel for all surround modes.