CarverLightstar ReferenceThis is one of the original 77 Carver Lightstar Reference amps. The flagship model that led to the Sunfire series. It's in excellent working condition. It sounds great! If you're looking for an...1950.00
This is one of the original 77 Carver Lightstar Reference amps. The flagship model that led to the Sunfire series. It's in excellent working condition. It sounds great! If you're looking for an amp that can kick bass, this is it. It's a beast. Dual-mono construction. Caps were replaced about 5 years ago. It looks very good - minor surface scratches on the top plate. There's some noise with the high gain setting - but, I believe that setting is only used with the Lightstar Direct Preamp. I've only used the standard gain setting with great results with many different types of speakers. I now use a tube amp. Due to the 74lb weight (unpacked), I prefer local purchase. (Los Angeles). Paypal add 3%.
8-ohm FTC rated power/ch 300W
4-ohm FTC rated power/ch 600W
2-ohm dynamic power/ch 1200W
4/8-ohm FTC rated THD 50uS
Power Consumption 60W at idle. 250W with musical program. 1440W nominal continuous
Dimensions (HxWxD inches) 6.9" x 19" x 17.8"
Comments 2 Analog Meters
• 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms
• 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms
• 1200 watts per channel into 2 ohms
• Low impedance operation, to less that 1 ohm.
• Proprietary LIGHTSTAR circuit design provides unprecedented sonic performance unaffected by difficult loads, regardless of impedance and reactive components.
• Dual TransformerTM provides built-in line conditioning
• High voltage energy storage and Digital Regulation for full power to below 10Hz.
• Internal muting circuit for:
• Dual analog meters – lighted and impedance calibrated.
• Gold-plated Teflon insulated RCA input jacks and balanced input jacks with gold-plated contacts for low resistance connections.
• Two pairs of heavy duty multi-way binding post speaker outputs per channel for bi-wire speaker connections
• Dual mono construction from input to output including two AC line records and two power switches.
• Elegant touch plate for silent switching to standby power.
• Solid 3/8" thick long-grain black anodized aluminum chassis.
• Switchable high-gain inputs for CD direct operation or use the LIGHTSTAR Direct passive preamplifier.
Carver Lightstar Reference Amp Owners Manual