Photos are for reference only and are not of the actual unit for sale (however the unit for sale looks virtually the same, except the black amp is just to show the back of the amp, the amp I am selling is Silver).
BID WITH CONFIDENCE I HAVE 100% POSITIVE FEED BACK ON AUDIOGON AND EBAY USERNAME: ALFA_LOVER.
FEDEX Ground shipping in the USA (CONUS only). BUYER PAYS A FLAT RATE OF $30.00
If you use PayPal then please add 3.5%%
Information from the Internet:
- Special Edition version of 100.2
- Fully balanced design
- 100 watts RMS @ 8 ohms
- 150 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
- 275 watts RMS mono operation
- 450 watts in mono @ 4 ohms
- 2 ohm stable
- Copper RCA & XLR inputs
- Extremely efficient (~93%)
- Digital amp with custom analog power supply
- Upgraded caps, resistors and hand wound inductors
- 50% larger power supply than the standard amp
- Beautiful upgraded powder coated glossy metal chassis
- Copper binding posts
- Made in USA
The Emerald Physics 100.2SE Special Edition stereo power amplifier. Available in silver. Reply to Ad
The 100.2SE is a 100 watts per channel stereo power amplifier with a class D output stage coupled to our custom Emerald Physics analog power supply. The 100.2SE is an upgraded version of our 100.2. It uses upgraded caps, resistors, hand would inductors and a much larger power supply.
The SE amp also replaces the polyester caps with polypropylene capacitors in 2 critical locations. The SE version uses Nichicon KS series 15000uf/50V caps. We upgrade the output filter inductors. We use a larger toroid core size, which allows us to use fewer turns of a fatter wire to achieve the same inductance as we now have.
This will decrease losses and improve the damping factor by 15-20% over the stock amp. We upgrade the power supply bridge rectifier to use low noise ultra-fast-recovery diodes. The Special Edition amp delivers 20% more current that the standard model.
The 100.2SE has both balanced and single ended inputs as well as a mono switch that allows you to start with a single 100wpc stereo amp and end up with a pair of 275 watt mono amps that do over 350 watt peaks. The 100.2SE is available in black or silver. (see the photos).
Initial users have reported that they are blown away with the sonics.
Here are a few user quotes:
1) Walter, I cannot thank you enough for introducing me to your
Emerald Physics EP100.2SE amplifiers. These amps are a substantial
upgrade from my old Rogue M150's. The EP amps make the music jump out of my
speakers. The incredible, crisp, clean detailed sound that I hear out of the highs and mids, along with the amazing punch in the bottom end, totally blows my mind.
Whether I am listening to an acoustic guitar, violin, or piano,
the instruments sound lifelike. Voices sound like the artists are singing
in my room. I cannot believe that the only thing I changed in my system
is the amps. The EP amps create a wall of sound. If I did not
know better, I would think I was listening to more than two speakers. No
matter who I listen to, it sounds like the band invited more musicians to
play. The amps are full sounding and more musical.
2) I have about 200 hours on the amps.Here is my opinion, how can you turn a pair of speakers into a 5 speaker home theater?
Buy a pair if emerald physics 100.2se! I hooked them up to my pair of Magnepan 3.6 speakers. I had been using either a Bryson 4b or Rogue audio 60 tube amp.
What happened was surprising and amazing. The speakers turned into 5! They opened up and shot music in several directions. Front, side and yes even rear!
I played CDs and DVDs through them and forgot that it was not a home theater set up because the sound became 3d holographic!
This has to be heard to be believed. I welcome anyone to listen to them at my home. WB
3) "WOW! Does this 100.2SE amp sound great! Just been listening a little while playing the new Thievery Corporation album and it runs circles around my VTL. Bass is more extended ( no surprise there) but MUCH faster! It responds well to good power filtering ahead of it and works even better plugged into my PS Audio Power Plant Premiere AC Regenerator (something I couldn’t do with my VTL) Can’t wait to hear how it sounds once it’s burned in for awhile!"
4) "I think the EP 100.2SE amp is broken in or at least close so when I finally had the both the amp and preamp last night for the first time, even my wife said," That sounds better than your old amp." "Actually it was a profound difference. I was blown away by the soundstaging and detail. I couldn’t believe the sound coming thru my 3.1’s. Looks like I had good taste to trust your judgment. A thousand thanks for turning me on to these great components."
5) Walter, "Hi, absolutely love my new 100.2 SE amp. It’s far better than I was hoping for, I knew your amp would sound better than my Emotiva XPA-2 after hearing it at RMAF12, but I wasn’t prepared for how much better it would make my whole system sound. The imaging is lifelike and solid, grounded, planted firmly in place. I feel like I could reach out and touch the performers and instruments."Your Emerald Physic speakers are what I’ve been looking for, for many years and your amps complete the package, and provide a live, musical sound, beyond description that I could never ever afford with any other system. I’m definitely buying one more amp and maybe 3."
6) I have had a lot of equipment pass through my home the past 35yrs and I have never been able to get the full potential out of anything I have had due to a very tough room. When I saw your special on the above combo, mainly the room correction I decided to give it a try. I must say I have been very pleased. There was quite a bit of a learning process with the dual core to get to its full potential (at least for me) actually I’m not really there yet. But anyway I must say the sound I’m getting has finally gotten me to the point of just enjoying the music! I am extremely happy with the 100.2Se. I was a little concerned with it being class D not having heard any that I was very pleased with in the past . I replaced a Hegel H300 which was a very good integrated but the 100Se has great slam its sounds more powerful than the 250 watt Hegel! It also has a much wider sound stage. Two areas important to me. These comments are with the correction bypassed, with the correction it just takes it to another level. Again just a few comments I wanted to share. Thanks for the recommendation."
6. I wanted to let you know how much I’m enjoying the pair EP100.2 SE’s I picked up from you at T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, CA. I have had various amplifiers in my system over the years, from tubes to solid state. But I never thought I would consider Class D until I heard your amps at the show. My system consists of various pieces that I swap in and out based on the my mood and the content I’m playing:
Pro-Ject RPM 9.2 Evolution Turntable
Audio Technica AT33EV Moving Coil Cartridge
Ray Samuels Audio F-117, The Nighthawk MC/MM Phono Stage
Marantz AV-7005 AV Preamp / Audio Research LS-25 Preamp
Synology Diskstation as DLNA music source
Hafler 9505 Diablo Stereo Power Amp / Quick Silver Audio V4 Tube Monoblock Amps
Magnepan 3.5/R Speakers / PSB Platinum T6 Speakers / Tannoy Reveal Monitors (Original Version)
Kimber Select cables throughout.
Since placing the EP100.2 SE’s in my system, my other amps have become redundant. I get the slam of solid-state with the sweetness of tubes from mid-range on up. But come to think of it, I can’t even call these new amps "sweet" because that implies a traditional flavor of sound that I’ve always associated with electronics in general. These amps are more neutral yet never cold or harsh. They present a lot of detail but again, never sound etched in any way. The detail is natural and non-fatiguing. Micro & macro-dynamics are also first class, which benefits both music and movies. The music makes you tap your toes, while movies make you jump out of your seat.
They are also capable of easily driving my Magnepans. I’ve had good results with both Hafler & Quick Silver, but each amp had its strengths and weaknesses. With the EP100.2 SE’s, there is no compromise. Plenty of current for bass yet the highs remain natural and highly resolved.
I even got some unsolicited praise from my family that came over to watch a movie. The only change in the system was the EP100.2 SE’s had replaced the Hafler 9505. After the movie was over, I noticed some members of my family looking around the room. When I asked what they were looking for, they all asked: "Where are you new subwoofers?" I have never owned nor liked subwoofers. They have always sounded detached and non-integrated in every system I’ve heard. With these new amps, I don’t ever need subwoofers. I get great sound from top to bottom.
I could go on and on, regarding buzz words like imaging, coherence, blah, blah, blah. But these amps just need to be heard to be appreciated. Great job on these amps, if you can get the word out, you will sell tons of them (if you aren’t already)."
The 100.2SE competes with any $5000.00 amps that we have heard. Transparency is superb as is low level detail while the bass is outstanding. Tonal balance is a tad to the warmer side of neutral. This amp is very musical with some users asking is it uses tubes.
100 watts RMS/ch 8 ohms
Digital Amp with custom analog power supply
150 watts RMS/ch 4 ohms
Less than .03% distortion 1 watt
275 watts RMS mono operation
Extremely efficient (~93%)
Damping: Greater than 300
Dynamic Range: 110dB
2 ohm stable
Input impedance: 60K Ohms XLR/ 30K Ohms RCA
RCA & XLR inputs
Weight: 16 pounds
Made in USA