NEAR MINT CONDITION: EMOTIVA MONO BLOCK, CLASS A AMPLIFIERS. SMOKE FREE, PET FREE, CHILD FREE HOME (just had a baby). WELL TAKEN CARE OF!
THESE LOOK AND SOUND FANTASTIC. THEY ARE OUT OF PRODUCTION NOW AND ARE BECOMING ONE OF AUDIO'S BEST KEPT SECRETS. THESE KILLER LITTLE MONO BLOCKS ARE CAPABLE OF DRIVING ALMOST ANY SPEAKER.
Ask any audiophile what kind of amplifier they dream about owning, and they’ll tell you: “a set of Class A mono-blocks!” Audiophiles know that Class A amps sound the best. There is zero crossover distortion, and the output devices are biased up to their most linear operating range. Class A, fully balanced, differential amplifiers, although a rare breed and very hard to find, sound even better!
Unfortunately, Class A amps are typically very large, very expensive, and tend heat up the whole house when you run them. They also usually aren’t the most powerful amps in the world, either.
Well, not anymore! We’d like to introduce you to the new Emotiva XPA-1L G2, with selectable Class A and Class A/B mode switching. Now you can have both: remarkable sound backed by real power.
In Class A/B Mode, the XPA-1L G2 is a potent, superb sounding, fully balanced mono-block Class A/B amplifier – delivering 250 watts into 8 ohms (or 500 watts into 4 ohms) with incredibly low levels of noise and distortion. Flip the switch into Class A Mode and the XPA-1L G2 transforms into pure Class A, high bias 35 watt sweetheart... with a kick. If you exceed the 35 watt threshold, it seamlessly transitions into Class A/B mode when the signal level goes above 35 watts, allowing it to deliver its full power. You get the awesome purity of Class A for power levels up to 35 watts, with none of the high power limitations. (The XPA-1L G2 does run a bit warmer in Class A Mode, but hey, it's worth it.)
Maybe we should also mention that the XPA-1L G2 also includes the other luxury features you’d expect from a premium amplifier: a machined, gold plated, RCA input connector; heavy duty, gold plated, audiophile grade speaker terminals; a solid milled aluminum face plate with an individually laser-etched serial number plate; our advanced microprocessor controlled operating system; and the latest version now features our new modern Gen2 styling. And did we mention it was fully balanced, and fully discrete? Well, it is.
The Emotiva XPA-1L: the dream made real.
XPA-1L Manual (PDF)
- Fully balanced, Differential Reference™ design with quad differential input stage and cross-coupled active current sources.
- Switchable Class A and Class A/B operating modes.
- Massive, high current toroidal power supply.
- Advanced microprocessor operating system protects the amplifier from all fault conditions.
- Discrete differential front end, no integrated circuits.
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Trigger input and output.
- Front panel status LED with switchable stealth mode.
- Fully protected from all fault conditions.
- Machined, gold plated, unbalanced RCA input connector.
- Heavy duty, gold plated, clear jacketed audiophile speaker binding posts.
- Soft-touch power switch.
- Solid milled aluminum faceplate.
- New modern Gen2 styling.
- Automatic 120/230 AC voltage detection and switching.
- IEC power inlet.
- Laser etched serial number badge.
- Emotiva 5-year transferrable warranty.
- Number of channels: 1
- Topology: Fully balanced, fully discrete, Quad Differential, high current, short signal path, with switchable Class A or Class A/B operation.
- Power output (all channels driven):
250 watts @ 8 ohm (0.1% THD)
500 watts @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
35 watts @ 8 ohm; Class A operation
Note: In Class A mode, under normal conditions, the XPA-1L operates in pure Class A mode at all power levels up to 35 watts, above this level it will automatically transition into Class A/B mode.
- Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.15 dB
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance: 4 Ohms (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 2 dB).
- THD + noise: < 0.005%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load): > 90 dB at 1 watt (A-weighted).
> 116 dB at rated power (A-weighted).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): >500
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade five-way binding posts, gold plated with clear insulator, 1 pair.
- Power Supply: 90,000 uF of storage capacitance.
450 VA heavy duty toroidal transformer
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1800 mV.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); switchable.
- Input Impedance: 50k ohms.
- Trigger: Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 100 mA.
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched).
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status LED; illuminates blue for normal operation, flashes red during power-up or when a fault occurs; (may be disabled by rear panel Status LED switch).
- Rear Panel Controls: AC Power switch; rocker controls AC mains power.
Status LED switch; rear switch disbles front panel Status LED.
nput selector; toggle switch selects between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Protection: The XPA-1L is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- unboxed: 17” wide x 3.875” high x 19” deep (includes feet and binding posts).
- boxed: 23" wide x 8.75" high x 24 1/2" deep
- Weight: 35 lbs (45 lbs boxed)