Simaudios Moon series have always been about intriguing innovation towards pure sound. The i.5 was designed to perform at a level far about its competition. Using a proprietary toroidal transformer for abundant current and pure copper circuit board traces to capacitor-less signal paths in a no-feedback design, the Moon is capable of what the designers call, " Real-time amplification with exceptional speed and tonal accuracy".
The i.5 is conservatively rated at 70 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms, but its is capable of a whole lot more. What you first notice is how smooth, quiet and transparent it is. Its also a very neutral piece adding only authority to your music and little else. If your looking for a fantastic performer in the sub $5K range this is a great choice.
This is a unit we've owned for a number of years to demo gear in our private showroom. Its also a personal favorite. Its clean and works perfectly. Includes the original box, remote control and power cord.
- Solid-state integrated amplifier
- J-FET input devices
- MOSFET output devices
- Five line-level inputs (one audio input bypasses the gain stage)
- Tape out and preamp out.
- Power output: 70Wpc into 8 ohms (18.5dBW), 110Wpc into 4 ohms (17.4dBW)
- Frequency response: 10Hz-70kHz, +0/-3dB.
- THD: 0.1% (20Hz-20kHz at 1W).
- Damping factor: >200.
- Voltage gain: 30dB.
- Dynamic headroom: 6dB.
- Maximum current: 16A peak, 9A continuous.
- Signal/noise (ref. full output): 97dB.
- Input impedance: 14k ohms.
- Input sensitivity: 300mV-3.0V RMS.
- Power consumption: 40W at idle.
- Dimensions: 17" W by 4" H by 15" D.
- Weight: 26 lbs.
SALON 1 Audio offers quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings. Everything we sell has an extended or manufacturer warranty included. We have a real hi-end audio showroom on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
For expert advice give us a call at (407) 953-9596
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.