- stereo preamp with built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and digital inputs
- digital inputs let you connect sources like a computer, disc player, media streamer, or TV and enjoy superior sound
- 8-channel 32-bit/500kHz DAC used in Quad Balanced mode (4 stacked channels per stereo channel)
- accepts and plays high-resolution digital audio sources, including PCM, DSD and DXD files
- asynchronous USB technology for reduced timing jitter and better sound when connecting to a computer
- fully regulated power supplies and R-Core Power Transformer ensure stable, noise-free operation
- full-size headphone output
- remote control
- fluorescent front-panel display with adjustable brightness
- fiber optic illuminated glass front panel
- handcrafted at McIntosh's Binghamton, New York factory
variable-level balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs for connecting directly to a power amplifier
fixed-level balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs for using the D150 as a DAC and connecting to a preamplifier
- 2 Toslink optical digital audio inputs and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs (supports music files up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- USB (Type B) input for connecting a Mac® or Windows® computer (USB driver required for audio playback on Windows computers)
- supports PCM music files up to 32-bit/384kHz, plus DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256, as well as DXD 352.8kHz & DXD 384kHz
- USB audio driver required for playback on a Windows PC (free USB driver download available from McIntosh's website)
- proprietary digital DSD connection for playback of SACD audio when paired with the McIntosh MCT450 SACD/CD Transport
- 12-volt output for activating an external accessory
- RS-232 port for automated control systems
- IR input for connecting an IR receiver
- data port allows basic remote control of a connected McIntosh source component
- detachable power cable
connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in its
audio menu — the preamp's DAC cannot decode multichannel Dolby® Digital
- total harmonic distortion: less than 0.0015%
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 110 dB
- 17-1/2"W x 3-7/8"H x 16"D
- weight: 13.5 lbs.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Item can be returned within 7 days of receipt.
Items must be returned in their original condition, with all included packing materials and no signs of use. Buyer assumes responsibility for all shipping return costs unless the item was not received as described.
Buyer will receive a full refund in the original payment method less any shipping charges.