Offered is a very clean and perfectly functioning example of the Simaudio MOON W-6 mono power amplifier. Last one available from a 7 channel high performance theater system, amplifier has been fully checked out by certified audio technician with near zero DC offset while meeting factory idle bias and power output specs. Bench test verified. Unit with owner's manual and standard detachable power cable will be double boxed and insured for safe arrival to any US address for $75.
The MOON W-6 is a fully balanced differential mono-block amplifier that produces 425 watts into 8 ohms, at least 650 watts into 4 ohms and is capable of driving virtually any loudspeaker. Employing our "Advanced Renaissance" technology featuring a "no overall feedback" circuit and bipolar output devices, the W-6 produces a warm, grain free sound common to some of the very best tube amplifiers, but has the reliability of solid state designs. This amplifier possesses the same sonic signature as the larger and more powerful W-10 but at a more affordable price. With respect to external cosmetics, the MOON W-6 is similar to the W-3, the main exception being the rear panel connections.
Significant Design Features:
· A "no overall feedback" design resulting in real-time amplification, a more accurate musical
reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and
the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback
· An oversized power supply
· A custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss,
yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor, resulting in increased current
speed and better dynamics
· Fully balanced circuitry throughout the entire amplifier
· Stable to any known speaker impedance
· "Class A" output to 10 watts for greater efficiency
· Precision matched Bipolar output devices which offer superb linearity throughout the entire audio
· A high damping factor which yields superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined
· Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest high quality electronic components
· A very short signal path for a faster transient response
· A symmetrical circuit design
· 12 Volt trigger for remote operations
· Pure copper circuit board tracings with extremely low impedance characteristics
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Low operating temperature for a longer than normal life expectancy.