I've never seen so many reviews where A21 owners personally thanked the amp designer. My favorite... " Hats off to you John, A damn good job!". It seems the reviews share the passion for a well designed amp.
This unit was a trade-in, and was extremely well cared for. Its practically new in the box.
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl
- THX Ultra2 certified
- High bias Class A/AB operation
- Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors
- Direct Coupled - no capacitors or inductors in signal path
- Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage
- 16 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.2 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel
- 100,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- AC present, channel status, high temperature indicators
- Heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
- Gold-plated RCA input jacks; ground lift switch
- Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal, 12v trigger out
- Continuous power output:
- 250 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven
- 400 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, all channels driven
- 750 watts RMS x 1, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω Current capacity:
- 60 amperes peak per channel Power bandwidth:
- 5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt Total harmonic distortion:
- < 0.2 % at full power IM distortion: balanced 16 V rms
- < 0.04 % Slew rate:
- > 130 V/µsecond Dynamic headroom:
- > 1.5 dB Interchannel crosstalk:
- > 80 dB at 1 kHz;
- > 63 dB at 20 kHz Input sensitivity:
- 1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level Input impedance:
- 33 k Ω unbalanced; 66 k Ω balanced S/N ratio:
- 112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted Damping factor:
- > 1100 at 20 Hz Voltage:
- 110V - 120V Dimensions:
- 17-1/4" w x 7-5/8" h x 19-1/8" d, 7 " h without feet Net weight: 60 lb.
SALON 1 Audio specializes in quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings over retail. We have a 'rare' audio showroom and listening room on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.