Hi, I am listing this amp as 8/10 to be conservative. But it is only 9 months old and was in a no smoke/pet home. It was an upgrade from a different Red Dragon amp with less power. Loved the sound but had it in a very large room that benefited from the extra power.
Very light use, I just don't listen to music on my system like I used to, so I am paring my system down to an integrated amp w DAC/phono/etc built in.
I had it paired with PeachTree Nova Pre, Silverline Prelude speakers, REL sub, Grahm Slee Gold Era phono amp (also for sale!!) and I was so content with my system that I hadn't changed components for 4-5 years (aforementioned amp upgrade aside)
I will send actual pictures if requested, but system is not dissassembled and it looks just like the photo posted.
If paying by Paypal, please add 3%. Local pickup in RI available.
Red Dragon Audio designed the M500MkII with customer feedback at the
forefront of the process. Our new design incorporates the most
requested features from clients including our latest input section.
This custom Input Buffer Section offers flexible input options, remote
control functionality and a high input impedance. Increased Input
Impedance allows our amps to be paired with all preamplifiers - even the
most esoteric tube preamps.
DC Trigger input/output connections allows remote power on/off and
daisy chaining of multiple components (great for home theater setups and
the most energy conscience consumers). XLR
or RCA inputs can be selected with a switch on the back panel. The RCA
input is converted to a fully balanced signal maintaining the utmost
signal linearity. After the signal has been massaged by the Input
Buffer Stage it is fed directly into the ICEpower Class-D amplification module.
"...the M500MkII's boundary-defying width in terms of its
soundstage was infectious, as it made it seem as if my side walls simply
weren't there...Vocals were smooth, articulate and lifelike in their
presentation...I loved every second of it and actually listened to the
entire album start to finish before getting up to do other things."
- Andrew Robinson of HomeTheaterReview.com
- Proprietary Input Buffer Stage with XLR and RCA Inputs
- 12-Volt DC Trigger Input and Output allow remote power control
- Latest Generation Class-D ICEpower amplifier Technology
- 500 watts at 4Ω - 250 watts at 8Ω
- Max Current Output: 30amps
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- Nominal Voltage Gain: 30.7dB
- Sensitivity: 1.4Volts
- Minimum Load: 3Ω
- Short circuit, Thermal & Over-current protection
- RoHS compliant
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 0.3db
- Typical THD+N 8Ω (10W out) 0.0045%
- Selectable Mains: 115V or 230V
- Solid Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum Chassis rejects EMI/RFI
- Universal 5-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts (CE)
- Dimensions: 16" x 7" x 3"
- Weight: 9 lbs
- 14-awg shielded power cord included (6' length)
- Proudly Built in the U.S.A.