Ask us about 6 MONTHS NO PAYMENTS OR INTEREST thru PayPal.
FREE FREIGHT in the lower 48 states.
Great trade-ins offered. Call to discuss trade deals
We are glad to offer the Spread Spectrum Technologies Thoebe MK2 preamplifier. This remote controlled preamp can be ordered as a stand alone preamp or with optional $500.00 32 bit 9018 Sabre DAC and or MM phono stage. It is $4795.00 with DAC or phono stage. With both DAC & phono stage is $5,200.00. The DAC has an asynchronous 32 bit/384Khz Sabre chip that supports both PCM and double DSD playback. Reviewers have compared the DAC to other DAC's selling for up to $1500.00. It has very good tone controls as well as both single ended and balanced outputs. There is also a nice Class A headphone amp. There is a large, easy-to-read (and dimable) LED display along with both phase and balanced controls. There is a transparent and innovative resistive-ladder type volume control unique to the Thoebe II. The preamp will put out up to 20V RMS and will work perfectly with with all solid state and tubed products with a very high input impedance and low output impedance.
I have a Show sample in perfect 10/10 condition for only $2490.00. Full warranty. Save $1500.00 We can also have the DAC and or phono stage added if you want them. Call for prices.
In the latest review from 10Audio.com Jerry said:
"On par with the sound from a $11,400 Levinson 326S with phono, although I think the Thoebe II’s phono stage is better."
— Jerry Seigel, 10 Audio
He summed with:
More than most other preamps or amplifiers that I can recall under
$10,000, these new components from SST deserve and actually demand your
attention. All components have some intrinsic character, but the
particular tendencies of these components are minor. I could live with
either or both of these fine components. The SST Thoebe II preamplifier
and Son of Ampzilla II amplifier are screaming bargains at their
relatively modest asking prices.
Read the full review at: http://www.10audio.com/sst_thoebe2_soa2.htm
"Combining the Thoebe II and the Son of Ampzilla II forms an
synergistic combination that presents a lifelike flesh and blood
— Ron Nagle, Enjoy The Music
Deriving its lineage from its award-winning mother, the Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition preamplifier, but boasting more than a few unique features in it’s own right, the Thoebe II is destined to be a classic in its own time. Sonics are exceptional for a product in this price range. Basically you get 90% of the $10,00.00 Ambrosia sonics for 40% of its price. The Ambrosia has received awesome reviews where it has been compared to state of the art $50k preamps. Features and specs:
- Optional DAC and/or phono stage:
- ESS Sabre (9018) 32-bit DAC chip
- Asynchronous, galvanically isolated USB input supports up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DSD64 + DSD128
- Phono stage
- Moving magnet discrete Class A design and newly developed RIAA optimized topology
- Powerful and transparent built-in Class A headphone amplifier, standard
- Digitally-controlled, channel independent, highly-advanced tone control
- Remarkably transparent and innovative resistive-ladder type volume control unique to the Thoebe II
- High/low gain setting
- Phase and balance controls
- Large, easy-to-read (and dimable) LED display
- Internal USB connection for any future software updates
- Optional solid billet aluminum full-function remote control
- Heavy gauge steel case and thick anodized aluminum face plate
- Phono: 42dB
- Line (balanced and unbalanced): 19dB high gain, 16dB low gain
- Tone Controls
- ± 5dB nominal
- Turnover points: Bass 300Hz; Treble 3kHz nominal
- Maximum Output
- 10V RMS unbalanced
- 20V RMS balanced
- Input Impedance
- 62kΩ unbalanced
- 100kΩ balanced
- Output Impedance
- Headphone Output
- Noise (Awt)
- MM: 70µV (22µV with 400-20kHz filter)
- Line: 10µV unbalanced, 18µV balanced
- THD (Awt, 20Hz-20kHz)
- .006% max inputs to main outputs @ 1V RMS rated output
- Frequency Response
- Phono: ± 1.2dB max deviation (5mV in, RIAA Equalized, 20Hz–20kHz)
- Line: 20Hz–20kHz, ± 0.25dB max deviation
- Without phono stage: 25 lbs.
- With phono stage: 28 lbs.
This is the finest solid state preamp that we sell for near this
price. Compare this preamp with any full featured solid state preamp at anywhere near
this cost as it is that good. We also have the matching Son of Ampzilla MKII available. Call for package deals.
We accept PayPal, Visa, Discover and MasterCard as well as money orders.
No charge for charge cards.
Read our AudiogoN #1 rated feedback and call 770-667-5633 with questions or to order this killer preamp.
GA, HI & CA residents add sales tax.Brands carried:
Acoustic Zen, April Music, Audeze headphones,
Audio Space, Auralic digital streamers & DAC's, Bob Carver tube amplifiers & loudspeakers,
Burson Audio, Cambridge, Creek, DSPeaker room correction devices, Emerald Physics speakers, amplifiers & DSP crossovers, Epos, Exogal DAC's & amplifiers
, Focal headphones
, Gallo, Graham Slee, HifiMan headphones, Jolida, LSA speakers,
Lehmann phono stages, Marantz Reference, Micromega, Music Hall, Mu-So by Naim
phono cartridges, Peachtree Audio,
Project, PS Audio,
Quad, Scansonic speakers,
Silverline Audio, Spread Spectrum Technologies Ampzilla Amps and preamps, SOTA turntables, Sumiko subwoofers & cartridges, TriangleArt turntables,
Wireworld, Wyred 4 Sound,
Sales policies on the Underwood Hifi Inc. website at www.underwoodhifi.com