This is an extremely rare opportunity to save on one of the finest amplifiers under $5k! We have a couple review units that were returned. They are in like-new condition but we can't sell them as new, so we're discounting the price drastically to move them. We also have the companion preamplifier, Thoebe II, listed for sale as well.
"My time with the Son of Ampzilla II has been both a revelation and a privilege. I have never found such a high performing solid-state amplifier at this price point".
"The Son of Ampzilla II performs at the top of its price level and above with a very neutral, near-characterless sound. I found it honors music at least as well as the Levinson No. 532h [$8,500]re Parasound JC-1 [$9,000/pr.], Manley Neo Classic 250 [$9,000/pr.] or Bryston 7BSST2 [$9,200/pr.]."
"When it comes to the sound, these units (Son of Ampzilla II and Thoebe II preamplifier) remind me of the Ambrosia and Ampzilla 2000: the same quietness, smoothness, transparency, dynamic range, and that elusive impression of body, dimensionality, and solidity."
-The Absolute Sound
"I noted a rich and full bottom-end, but also a pleasant openness in the midrange that many solid state designs don’t quite capture....One of the greatest secrets in all of the High End."
Fully tested; excellent condition. Comes with all original packing and a one-year warranty. No returns are accepted on demo units.
- Fully balanced input-to-output with full four-quadrant differential push-pull feedback from both sides of the speaker
- Double the number of power transistors per channel as the original Son of Ampzilla
- Completely servo-controlled
- 2000 VA power supply capacity with totally independent windings and power supplies for each channel
- 100,000 µfd of power supply capacitance in twin supplies isolated for each channel
- Front end voltage amplifier power supplies are completely regulated
- Thermal protection/auto-shutdown
- Turn-on surge relay
- Thick steel chassis construction, powder coat finish. Anodized aluminum front panel
- Gold plated input and output connectors
- Power Output (per channel)
- 8Ω: Minimum 220 watts 20Hz–20kHz
- Frequency Response
- THD (Awt)
- < 0.03% 20Hz–20kHz @ 8Ω Full power
- Noise (Awt)
- Input Impedance
- 130kΩ balanced
- 65kΩ unbalanced
- 27.5dB, 1.76v RMS for 220 watts 8Ω (either input)
More information, visit the SST website
. Wyred 4 Sound owns SST.
California residents subject to 8% sales tax.