More than just an entry level tube amp. It does an amazing job with fullrange speakers. I was using it with efficient Fostex speakers in a second system and was impressed. This amp was purchased new in October 2011 from an Audiogon Vendor. It looks and sounds great. The amp includes all six tubes with very low hours on them. Original power cord is included. This amp works best with 8 ohm speakers. I am selling because a friend made me a pair of custom 4 ohm speakers and the amp does not work as efficiently. I will be sorry to see this amp go.
1.Wide frequency range from 6 Hz to 80,000 Hz +/-3dB. It may be a nine but I will call it an eight to be safe
2. Impressive -95dB Signal/Noise (S/N) ratio. Which made it possible to drive 112 dB horn speakers without noise. This would translate into dead quiet performance on any speakers you use.
3. Big sound was achieved when there is high definition of music information.
4. Realistic, live performance like, male and female voice. Great for jazz, rack, vocal, and opera.
5. Wide dynamic range makes it also suitable for wide range of music.
6. Have more power and drive capability than a typical 300B single ended amp (8 watts) or a 40-50 watts solid-state amp. Should work with speakers above 89 dB efficiency and 8 ohm impedence.