Up for sale are a pair of 3M Nordost Blue Heaven
Leif Series Speaker Cables that have been meticulously cared for and low in hours used < 300
Non-smoker, no pets and while I wasn’t expecting it – a great conversation piece when friends commented on the sound quality and then noticed the ribbon! These retail for $950 + tax.
I was a “thick cable” guy until I did blind testing in my home with Nordost vs. a few other brands. My gut told me the ribbon would lack the low end. Repeatedly, I picked the Blue Heaven’s based on the clarity and accuracy in the high and mid end along with the unmuddled, solid low end.
From Nordost: The Blue Heaven delivers unprecedented, dynamic response, phase accuracy, and detail. The result is a combination of natural, unfettered dynamics and clarity, making music and movies more accessible, more involving and more lifelike.
Enhancements made to the new Blue Heaven LS Cables:
- Blue Heaven Leif Series uses 14 silver-plated 99.9999% OFC silver-plated solid-core conductors.
- The 14 conductors are laid within an extruded FEP ribbon (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene, which is very close to what we would call Teflon), chosen for its exceptional dielectric properties
- The speaker wires to lie adjacent to each other as opposed to being wound allows Nordost to maintain excellent spacing accuracy along the entire cable length
- New with the Blue Heaven LS is enhanced geometry - improved spacing of the conductors increases conductivity and energy transfer
- Nordost pays considerable attention to termination and grounding. Making their own wires means that Nordost can ensure that the materials, methods and terminations are totally consistent
Review: – Chris Thomas, HiFi+ It is certainly true that Blue Heavens of the past have been slightly glossy tonally, especially when new. The Blue Heaven LS is quite different, surprisingly so in fact, its impeccably balanced with no trace of any tonal lift through the bandwidth.
Combine this with unique speed and rhythmic delicacy, a hallmark of the Nordost approach, and there is no sense of blurring confusion whatsoever as the music remains assuredly cohesive from top to bottom and under all types of musical duress.
This is a very sweet set of cables indeed, providing a depth, image stability, and transparency that you normally only hear in much more expensive models.
Some have become accustomed to the heavyweight multi-strand heavy copper cabling on the market. The Blue Heaven LS has achieved the warmth and cozy musical weight and punch found in those cables and incorporate stunningly articulate and expressive abilities. The monofilament cables higher up the price scale, which includes the Blue Heaven LS take this and pure musical transparency to entirely new heights of sophistication.
– Chris Thomas, HiFi+