Offered here is one of the finest amp stands I've ever used, the now-discontinued Model A stands from SolidSteel. The Model A is the larger version of the Model B, with a platform measuring 23.6" (60 cm) x 19.3" (49 cm). Distance from the bottom of the platform to ground is approximately 4.72" (12 cm).
- The tubular frames used in the tables, stands and bases are produced from steel and finished in anti-resonant paint.
- We reinforce this frame by inserting a crimped steel bar at the end of every tube.
- All spurious mechanical energies are discharged into the ground through height-adjustable spikes - produced from stainless steel - that can be inserted directly into the steel bars.
- The spikes are removable to allow the frame to be filled with sand, lead shot or other similar types of damping materials.
- The final assembly of each table is done by hand, utilizing a "castoline" welding technique similar to the one employed in the classic construction of fine motorcycles.
- All shelves are produced from high-density MDF, a significantly better material for this application than what is generally used . The benefits of MDF (compared to particle board) include a much higher damping factor and superior rigidity over time.
There are a few unavoidable chips to the painted surface of the MDF shelves, the worst of which is shown in the last photo of the listing. On the plus side, though, I have the original packaging, inserts and shipping boxes.
Only one stand remaining, priced at $165, which includes PayPal fees and FedEx shipping. Shipping restricted to addresses within the Continental United States.