This has been my deck for many years and just back from a complete servoce from Willy Hermann (8/17/2016) at a total cost with shipping of over $700. It will come in the original manufacturers double box and a third box with foam corners to protect the original box. There is a one year warranty with Willy.
The Nakamichi Dragon is
a direct drive, auto-reverse cassette deck incorporating the epoch-making NAAC
system for automatic azimuth correction of the playback head. Thanks to the
NAAC system, sound quality difference between forward and reverse are
completely eliminated, and perfect playback is possible under all conditions.
calibration facilities for record sensitivity and bias permit high-precision
adjustment to suit the requirements of every tape.
Nakamichi’s acclaimed Discrete 3-Head Technology employs physically separate
record and play heads. Unlike typical sandwich or combination heads, the record
and play head gaps are independently aligned, assuring extended frequency
response and wide dynamic range. Nakamichi Dragon combined with the proprietary
precision-laminated Crystalloy record and play heads, this technology extracts
the last ounce of performance from todays advanced cassette tape formulations.
- Integrated play head/amplifier assembly places the playback
circuitry right at the head assembly to minimize signal degradation.
- DC servo capstan motor responds instantaneously to load fluctuation, further
suppressing flutter components.
- Motor-operated, microprocessor-controlled Silent Mechanism
assures smooth, quiet, foolproof transport operation.
- Bias fine-tune control enables you to adjust for variations among tape brands
and formulations to achieve flat frequency response every time.
- Bi-directional auto-search feature seeks the zero counter position in rewind
- Automatic tape slack take-up mechanism winds any loose tape fully onto the
hubs as soon as you insert a cassette to prevent misfeeding and jamming.
- Dolby B and C type noise reduction circuits are
Dimensions: 17-3/4(W) x
5-5/16(H) x 11-13/16(D)
AC 120V or 220-240V 50/60 Hz
Weight: 21 lbs