Here is a completely restored and upgraded Thorens TD-124 turntable. I restored this unit last year and it was featured at the last RMAF show in Denver. Starting with a stock TD-124 Mk I, the following work was performed:
- completely restored TD-124 deck
- restoration included a thorough overhaul of the original turntable, with all major parts serviced and brought into factory specs
- original cast iron main platter
- the top cover is painted a custom hammertone black color
- an Optiblock LED strobe and digital pulse controller from Keystrobe UK has been installed
The restored deck is mounted into a stunning flame mahogany custom plinth by Chris Harban at Woodsong Audio. The plinth alone was $2,500 new. Details:
- weighs in at approx. 100 lbs
- features an external IEC connector to accommodate custom power cords
- the plinth was specifically designed to accomodate a 12" tonearm as the main arm, and a variety of 9"-10" tonearms as the secondary arm
- the armboards are finished in beautiful burlwood. The main board is drilled for the Thomas Schick arm, and the secondary board for any SME arm. I can supply additional armboards if you would like to mount different tonearms
Note: the tonearms and cartridges shown ARE NOT included at this price, but are available separately. I also have available a new stainless steel main platter and new aluminum top platter from Classic Turntables. Although I would prefer that the turntable and plinth be purchased as a unit, I will consider separating the turntable and plinth if necessary.
ALSO - please note that, as member inky has kindly reminded me, this is a MK 2 unit and not a Mk 1. Cast iron platter, not the non-magnetic unit. I also forgot to mention that I will include the original TP-14 tonearm and armboard if requested.
Local pickup is preferred, but I will ship this unit to anywhere in the world, but be forewarned that the plinth weighs approx 100 lb by itself. Shipping will be via UPS Pack and Ship service ONLY. The unit will be packed in three boxes: plinth, deck and platters.
Please contact me if you have any questions.