Carefully restored / upgraded Thorens TD 160
- Brand new hardwood walnut plinth w/ semi-gloss polyurethane finish. This is an exact replica of the original except that it also has RCA ports, a ground pin and IEC power socket in the back. Bottom plate is 3/8" plywood w/ speaker spike feet.
- Original tonearm re-wired w/ Cardas 33AWG by an electrical engineer (me) who had the misfortune of spending countless hours of his early career in a lab soldering things. So this is a true re-wire (not a hack job) from the headshell socket to the RCA jacks in the back and the headshell socket is fully functional. Also, the tonearm wire is protected by a grounded metal mesh all the way to the RCA jacks avoid hum - see pictures
- Fully disassembled, cleaned, polished and oiled everything - see pictures
- Top chassis and sub chassis are dampened with acoustic vinyl dampening material
- Working Thorens Q-Up for lifting the tonearm at the end of the record
- Headshell w/ Shure M97xe cartridge - < 20 hours on it
- Original Thorens belt < 100 hours on it
- Top cover has a minor crack on one of the hinges (not broken off) but otherwise in very good shape considering its age.
- Power cable.
Rating it 6/10 to due to the age of the equipment and to stay on the safe side. Please review the pictures and make your own judgment. I am selling this because I enjoyed restoring this turntable so much that I restored one more and another one after that. So this one needs a new home... :)
Local pickup is preferred, but I will ship w/ UPS ground, insured, using their pack & ship (so they honor the insurance just in case). Buyer agrees to pay actual shipping costs.
Method of payment is PayPal but I will take care of the fees.