My setup has changed with the acquisition of higher efficiency speakers, so my Transcendent T16 is barely being used and hence the reason for the sale.
This OTL design is a result of the Bruce Rozenblit's genius and common-sense engineering. google "transcendent t16" to find all what is out there on the interweb.
Some salient features :
- replaced the stock coupling caps with the superior 1.0uF Ampohm PIO Tinfoils - $120 upgrade
- replaced the bypass caps in the first stage driver circuitry with Nichicons
- decent quality teflon hook-up wire
- extra set of replacement 6S19P-V "OTK" tubes
- driver tubes are top notch RCA Triple Mica BP 5751s, GE BP 6201, CBS Hytron 5814
- original build manual
This amp is functioning flawlessly ever since I completed the build in 2009. It has given me much musical satisfaction with the Quad ESL 57s. If you are a Quad 57 owner and not heard the OTL sound, I highly vouch this amp. It is stable enough to drive the crazy impedance curve that the Quad 57 is. Smooth, clear and balanced sounding - everything what the OTLs are about.
There has a lot of work gone into this amp and I'm reluctantly selling this. With the capacitor upgrades and nice set of driver tubes and extra set of output tubes that you will have handy should you lose any of the output tubes, I think I have priced my amp fairly at $1200.00. But I'm open to reasonable offers. You are getting a fully built amplifier from a kit that could otherwise be intimidating for uninitiated.
I am more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Local SF Bay Area pickup welcome.