Selling as I am now using the microRendu - only 4 months old, transports audio from other Sonic Transport - add another zone or start a new one! Acts as a ROON endpoint, but also has other applications as well.
special edition with USB and optical output
The Sonore Sonicorbiter SE is an affordable PCM, DSD/DoP and native DSD capable music renderer with Ethernet input and USB or optical output. This version includes a fast multicore ARM processor and comes with a linear power supply option. The unit utilizes an external 5 VDC input so you can also use your own power supply.
SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES
- Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.
- Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.
- Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with a SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.
- Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.
- Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD*.
- *Native DSD playback can produce noise between tracks, change in rate, and when playback is paused/stopped/resummed. This noise is expected and depends on your DAC's firmware. The noise can be at full volume. For best results select DoP for DSD playback.
- USB output supports the following PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- USB output supports the following DSD sample rates: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- Optical output supports the following PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- RoonReady Certified
- Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming services
- Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
- The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
- BubbleUPNP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
- OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
- The Drive Mounter app mounts USB drives
- Supports Tidal lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
- Native DSD is supported on certain DACs
- The unit is controlled via thrid party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
- Based on Sonicorbiter, closed source and open source (GNU -V2)
- External power input jack
- RJ45 input connector
- USB audio output connector
- Micro SD port for operating system
- Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
- Power input: 5 VDC at 1 Amp min continuous
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Dimensions: 2in (width) x 2in (height) x 2in (depth)
- Weight: not much
- CE, FCC, and RoHS certified