Atma-Sphere UV-1 (UltraViolet) preamplifier with MC SUT
Full function tube preamplifier with phono MC step up transformer.
I purchased one of Ralph's show units in December 2014. I heard the unit at 2014 RMAF and had to have one.
Used with a Lyra Kleos (0.5mV output) with excellent results.
This preamplifier sounded better than a $12k Allnic line stage and a $6k Whest phono stage in my system.
I am parting out my speaker system and I am not replacing this unit.
The UV-1 (UltraViolet) preamplifier is based on a circuit that we have used for many years, but not marketed before. About 40 years ago, Ralph Karsten began developing his own circuit for use for friends on a budget but with high end audio aspirations. Over a period of decades, the circuit has seen a lot of refinement. It is a simple circuit (and obviously a complete departure from our other products), based on a very capable and refined 6SN7-based line section with a simple phono section based on 12AT7s. We have seen this preamp best preamps costing up to five times more; when we say 'refined', we mean it!
We never really considered marketing the preamp as it is so different from the rest of our product line. But friends and associates convinced us that we had something special, especially for its price so here it is.
The preamp is available in three forms: a basic line stage, a full function preamp with high output MM capability, or with the addition of a set of Jensen step-up transformers works with any low output moving coil cartridge as well.
• Simple zero feedback line section
• Cardas RCA connectors used throughout
• Standard dual output connections
• Shunt-style balance control
• Heavy-duty seamless aluminum chassis
• Precision components used throughout
• Low-noise "star" grounding topology
2 Electro Harmonix 6SN7GT
2 Psvane 12AT7-T
- Dramatically increased sound quality over the standard Shuguang 12AT7 tubes
- Gold coated pins to enhance connection over long term
- All parts are selected to the highest grade plus only highly experienced workers to assemble
HiFi-Tuning Supreme fuse
Atma-Sphere original box