The Aurora Borealis is a world class conservatively biased 15 w/ch Class A SET power amplifier with extra features unavailable in small production amplifiers. This amp was designed by an audiophile, around the concerns and aesthetics of an audiophile, one who knows the value of specific designs, parts and modifications.
If you don't know the reputation of the 845 tube for its depth, grand midrange, and power, then it is time to reconsider. The 845 (with its cousin the 211) in SET Class A, are the grand-daddys of elegance. Ultrapath design guarantees low distortion without loss in quality. (See: http://www.tubecad.com/2008/08/blog0147.htm)
Purity of design and manufacture will make an audible improvement in your system.
- Conservatively biased, 15wpc, single-ended, transformer-coupled, pure class 'A' using zero-feedback for an unadulterated signal;
- Ultrapath design: less than 1% distortion;
- 3 chassis design: 1 Power Supply for ac/dc isolation and shorter speaker cables. This allows you to put the audio chassis closer to the speaker, thus shortening your speaker cables. You get 1-Power supply chassis, 1-left channel chassis and 1-right channel chassis;
- Two switch turn-on: one for filament the other for B+ to reduce plate wear and prolong life of 845 tube;
- Two fuse panel in front for easy access: one for filament, one for B+ supply;
- Hand-polished, 1⁄4” solid copper chassis on left and right chassis;
- Hand-wound Electraprint interstage and output transformers;
- Jensen PIO capacitors in the signal path; silver coated copper wire in the signal path
- Oil caps in the power supply as primary filtration and bypass caps on high capacitance, low impedance filter caps give more solid base ("stiffens" the p/s) ;
- Solen polypropylene caps in Ultrapath design;
- Cardas speaker terminals;
- Output Impedance: 4-8 ohms;
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-1 dB to full rated power;
- Manual, 1 pair of 845 and driver tubes (6hv5) provided (used but still with long life);
- Shipping costs are based on prefered shipping and will be determined at time of sale.
- 3-year parts warranty, excluding tubes (non-transferable)
- lifetime labor warranty (non-transferable)