Thank you for looking at our ad!
To see other items that we have available for sale, used or new, please visit www.blackbirdaudio.com or call us at 619-449-2787
Up for sale is a one-owner Cary Audio Designs SLP-05 tube based, two piece preamp with remote control.
We have the original (2) double-boxes for safe shipping, one set for the preamp and the second for the power supply.
The preamp is in very clean condition with just a very mild, hairline scratch along the top of the power supply (can probably get rubbed out with a very mild polish) and there is a small blemish in the finish on the top of the preamp. This looks like it simply came that way as it seems to be in the paint.
It seems to me the action on the power supply's large power switch seems a little stiff, maybe it's just me. I also noted that the
Circuit Type: Class A Triode ZERO Feedback Preamplifier Design
Output: 2 volts rated, 23 Volts maximum
Overall Gain: 12 dB
Rated Distortion: 0.03 % THD
Noise and Hum: -90 dB below full output
Input Impedance: 50,000 Ohms - RCA, 100,000 Ohms - XLR
Output Impedance: 400 Ohms
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 163,000 Hz
Vacuum Tubes: 8 ea. - 6SN7 octal tubes for the balanced, headphone and gain stages
Power Transformer(s): EI Laminate, 200% Duty Cycle
Resistors: 1% Metal Film
Capacitors: Polystyrene, Film and Foil, (Optional copper oil and foil capacitors)
Power Supply Capacitors: 4 ea. - 560µF@400 VDC
Weight: 20 lb. preamplifier, 20 lb. external power supply
Dimensions: 5" H x 17" W x 12" D
There are some very interesting EXTRAS that have been "thrown in" with this preamp and I'll just list them here:
1) 1 Matched quad set of POPE 6SN7 tubes - these have a good number of hours on them but they sound great and still have a good amount of life left in them. These are very rare tubes and command a premium when found for sale. The cheapest I've found them for has been 600.00/pair. The popes were placed in the first 4 tube socket positions as shown in the photos
There is a full compliment of Electro-Harmonix tubes to fully outfit the preamp.
2) a set of 4 Herbie's SuperSonic HAL-O 27 tube rings
3) a Revelation Audio "Passage" CryoSilver Reference DIN cable (umbilical to go between the power supply and preamp) - the stock Cary DIN cable is also included.
4) a set of 4 Black Diamond Racing cones (they fit perfectly inside the stock feet - see photos)
5)a pair of Hifi Tuning fuses
6) an extra remote control (really just for volume and mute though it has additional keys as well.
We’re factory authorized dealers for many items such as Harmonic Resolution Systems, Nitty Gritty, Oyaide and Sound Mechanics to name a few. All of which will increase your enjoyment of the components you already own. If you don’t have a local dealer, let us know and we’ll do what we can to get you the right item for your needs. Our pricing is fair and firm.
Buy with confidence from a dealer that welcomes your quality trade-ins and that will work to insure your satisfaction with your purchases. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal are equally welcome. Sales in California are subject to state sales tax