From Spearit Sound: "Experience the excitement of discovery in hearing more from your favorite recordings than ever before! The Classic Sixty is conrad-johnson’s best value ever in a pure tube power amplifier. The Classic Sixty draws on three decades of research at conrad-johnson into the reproduction of recorded music. It takes full advantage of the warmth and renowned “midrange magic” of EL34 output tubes. The result is an amplifier with a remarkable ability to recreate the dynamics, textures, tonalities, and ambience of live musical performances, all at a price previously unobtainable form a top tier US high end manufacturer. In a system of commensurate high quality components, the conrad-johnson Classic Sixty offers an unparalleled level of sophistication and refinement in music reproduction. “It just sounds right.”
This amp is a little over 2 years old, 1 owner - purchased new from Spearit Sound in 2014 for $3000. They now list at $3750. Gently used, with new tubes bought directly from Conrad Johnson. The condition is near perfect, per Audiogon guideline I would say it is in Excellent shape.
conrad-johnson Classic Sixty
- Power: 60 watts per channel RMS both channels driven into 4 ohms from 30Hz to 15KHz at not more than 1.5% total harmonic distortion or intermodulation distortion (can be re-connected internally for 8 or 16 ohm loads. 4 Ohm wiring is recommended for most loudspeakers.)
- Sensitivity: 0.7 V RMS to rated power.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20 kHz +0/-.3 dB.
- Hum and Noise: 96 dB below rated power output.
- Phase: phase correct.
- Input Impedance: 100 kOhms
- Tube Complement: 1 x 6189 (12AU7), 2 x 6922, 4 x EL34.
- Bias adjustment: built in LED indicators.
- Dimensions: 13.375”D x 17.375”W x 6.625”H.
- Net Weight: 41 lbs.