Just traded, this MC275 mkV is super clean and ready to perform. Regarded by a lot of audio enthusiasts as one of the best engineered tube amplifiers ever... at any price. Regarded by professionals with awards such as 2017 Stereophile Recommended Component, 2017 Absolute Sound Editors Choice, 2016 Golden Ear, on and on. Even the very latest build only made subtle cosmetic changes and a few upgrades like gold plated tube sockets, the chrome chassis with upgraded to polished stainless steel, and large solid 5-way binding posts. Why mess with perfection?
We don't see these too often as owners tend to hold onto them. Here's a wonderful opportunity to add a piece of audio history to your collection.
The case has no damage. The tube covers are straight and true. The paint is good overall and the steel case is free of any rust or oxidation. There are a couple letters missing on some of the silk-screening, but this is a common issue with these. Overall a beautiful piece.
Has McIntosh KT88's installed. No box but includes a power cord. Unit will be professionally foam packed for safe delivery.
- Two-channel, tubed stereo (switchable to parallel mono operation) power amplifier.
- Tube complement: four KT88, three 12AX7A, four 12AT7
- Inputs: 1 pair single-ended (RCA), 1 pair balanced (XLR).
- Loudspeaker outputs: separate gold-plated, 5-way binding posts for 4, 8, and 16 ohms.
- Output power: 75Wpc (18.8dBW) into 4, 8, or 16 ohms (stereo) (According to McIntosh it'll really do 90WPC), 150W into (21.8dBW) 2, 4, or 8 ohms (mono).
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz, +0/–0.5dB; 10Hz–70kHz, +0/–3dB.
- Signal/noise ratio: 100dB, A-weighted (no reference level given).
- THD: 0.05% at any power level from 250mW to rated power output.
- Input sensitivity: 1.2V unbalanced, 2.5V balanced.
- Input impedance: 90k ohms unbalanced, 180k ohms balanced.
- Damping factor: >14 (wideband).
- Power consumption: 170W (idle), 360W (full power).
- Dimensions: 16.5" (420mm) W by 8.25" (210mm) H by 12" (305mm) D.
- Weight: 67 lbs (30.5kg) net, 75 lbs (34.1kg) shipping.
SALON 1 Audio offers quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings. Everything we sell has an extended or manufacturer warranty included. We have a real hi-end audio showroom on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
For expert advise give us a call at (407) 953-9596
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.