If you've ever wanted to get into the vacuum tube world, or maybe upgrade to some great U.S. made tube amps, here's your chance! Beautiful EL34 based mono blocks with optional chromed chassis' (a $300 option). All hard wired, high quality connections, 4 ohm and 8 ohm taps, very clean. These are exceptional sounding amps that punch way above their price with 40W of sweet tube power. 12AX7 front end, 6922 voltage driver and as well as EL34 outputs they will also accept any octal output tube, like KT88, KT77, 6L6, etc. Simple to bias with one pot and an LED. Rating as a 7 only because of one small dent on the corner of the left channel amp; see the pic, I tried to get as ugly a picture of it as possible in the spirit of full disclosure. In my rig it was turned around toward the back so you never saw it, and in reality, it's kind of hard to discern from any distance. Was there when I got them, so I have no idea how it happened. It has no effect on performance and little to none on aesthetics, just want to be up front about it.
For the lucky buyer, I'll also include a number of tube sets so you can have some fun "rolling". In addition to the amps, you'll get:
- Matched Quad, JJ EL34's. Low hours, maybe 40 to 50 tops.
- Matched Quad, EH EL34's. New, never used.
- Matched Quad, Mullard EL34's. Originals that came with the amps, not sure of age.
- Matched Quad, Sveltlana EL34's. One arced on me and I believe it's bad, but the others could be decent as spares.
- Matched pair, NOS Sylvania JHS 12AX7's
- Matched pair, Tung Sol 12AX7's. Unsure of hours but I believe them to be new.
- Matched pair, Mullard 12AX7. Originals that came with the amps, not sure of age.
- Original 6922's, I think Sovteks (?)
- Pair of EH 6922's, new
I will include stock power cords, the original packing and boxes plus double boxes for shipping. Packing weight and dimensions shown are for ONE amp. Each will separately packaged and a third will contain the tubes, so probably about 70 pounds or so total.
This is a great deal you won't want to pass up!
Here’s the fine print, because some folks out there make it necessary…
- This is a used item and is sold as-is with no warranties granted, intended, or implied. That said, I do want to make sure you're happy with your purchase and our dealings and will work with you on any issues.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer, unless it is specifically stated otherwise in the ad. I always include insurance on items when shipped; seems silly not to, due to the expense of some of the audio equipment we all love, so any shipping damage becomes the responsibility of the shipper and neither you nor I get shafted!
- Please be sure to NOT send payment, until all shipping and fees have been discussed and agreed upon. I prefer Paypal, but if you would like to pay via check or money order I will only ship the item after funds are fully cleared.
- I will consider offers, but please don't waste my time or your own making silly ones that are 20-50% below asking price. I try diligently to price items well and in line with the Blue Book and the market. Silly offers will be politely declined.