Exceptional Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II tubed integrated amp. I purchased this from an authorized dealer early last year and used it sparingly (about 1-2 hr a week) in a dedicated music room driving Magnapan speakers. It has received numerous very positive reviews, which are available on the Rogue Audio website. It comes with the optional metal cage to protect the tube area, which was an additional $150. Original box, manual, remote and other accessories are included.
From the Rogue Website:
The award winning Cronus Magnum has garnered
an enviable reputation in the high end audio world.
Even at its attainable price, it outperforms other
integrated amps costing many times more. The
pure tube design provides a smooth, almost liquid
sound that has made this amp a reviewer favorite.
With circuitry borrowed from our most advanced
amplifier designs, the Cronus Magnum II's
100WPC effortlessly reproduces even the most
demanding musical passages. Featuring a
headphone amplifier and MM phono preamplifier
the Cronus Magnum II provides a complete
solution to your amplifier needs.
From a technical standpoint the Cronus uses a
triode preamplifier coupled to our excellent Atlas
Magnum power amplifier. A large over-sized
linear power supply stores tremendous energy for
low frequency response and dynamic headroom.
The tube circuitry is cutting edge with short signal
paths exacted in a low noise design. Finally,
precision components are used to provide the
transparency and air that are so critical to accurate
General Features and Specifications:
- 100 WPC
- 20Hz-30KHz bandwidth
- 4 and 8 ohm transformer taps
- Slow start turn on sequencing
- Massive high storage linear power supply
- (2) 12AX7, (3) 12AU7, (4) KT120 output tubes
- Gold plated RCA inputs
- Gold plated binding posts
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- 4 inputs: phono, line 1,2,3
- 45 dB gain phono input
- 1W Headphone amplifier
- Remote with volume and mute
- Buffered variable outputs: great for subwoofers
- Active outputs for subwoofer or biamping
- 4 RCA inputs (phono, line1, line 2, line3)
- All precision components
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- Full tube cage/cover (optional)
- Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
- Detachable IEC power cord
- 18" W x 17"D X 5.5" H (actual)
- 25" W x22"D X 11" H x 55 LBs (shipping dim.)
- Power requirements: 120V/240V - 50/60Hz
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
Rogue Audio – 3 Marion Lane – Brodheadsville, PA 18322
The unit weights about 45 lbs.
Winner of the Absolute Sounds 2015 Editors Choice Award.