I purchased this for a system that I was building, but have had to scrap. My daughter's tuition and wife's parents being terminally ill causes this sale. I purchased this in April of this year. I have opened and turned on the unit to make sure it works, and all is well. You are getting an amplifier in wonderful condition at a thousand dollars off MSRP. You don't see these on AudiogonS very often.
Imagine a new kind of amplifier that combines the best of both the solid state and tube technologies. An energy efficient "green" design requiring no tube biasing or regular maintenance. An amplifier having the smooth and organic sound that only tubes can provide, combined with the dynamics and slam of the solid state. Such an amplifier now exists! Critics are already using words like "Groundbreaking" and "Revolutionary" to describe our new tube/Class D hybrid amplifiers.
These new amplifiers are much more than simply a tube circuit placed in front of a class D output section. Our proprietary tubeD™ circuit topology actually integrates the tube section into the amplifier yielding the smooth natural sound that only a tube amp can provide. With almost uncanny accuracy the Hydra delivers stunning dynamics and transparency without any of the edgy, etched or grainy sound that often accompanies solid state designs. A low power standby mode allows critical amplifier sections to remain continuously powered on (if desired) and a slow start feature allows the tubes to warm up gradually to eliminate turn-on noise and greatly extend tube life. Three massive linear power supplies are used to power the amplifier circuitry and ultra-high quality parts are used exclusively throughout the design. Combined with a stunning appearance, you can be certain that you are investing in an amplifier that truly represents the very leading edge of audio technology.
- Large high performance toroidal transformers
- Massive linear power supplies
- Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) inputs
- Heavy-duty gold plated binding posts
- Two 12AU7 tube complement
- Short circuit protection
- Standby circuitry for solid state components
- Slow start circuit for extended tube life
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- All precision components
- Fully tested, burned in
- Output power Medusa: 200/400 WPC 8/4 Ohms
- Output power Hydra: 100/200 WPC 8/4 Ohms
- Input impedance: 200K Ohms
- frequency response: 10Hz - 20KHz ± 1dB
- THD: <0.1% typ., <1.0% at rated power
- input sensitivity: 1.0V RMS
- dimensions: 18" W x 15" D x 5.5" H
- weight: Medusa 38 lbs Hydra 34 lbs
- power requirements: 115/230V - 50/60Hz
Check out this article by the Absolute Sound:
Buyer to pay flat rate shipping and insurance (Only in the contiguous USA) cost ($100, its heavy!) - All others will pay whatever it costs after the sale.
Please call (408) 410-5909 and ask for Manrique for any further information on this product. I am available most evenings and weekends (PST), but do have a day job that may delay my response.
PayPal Users pay 4% fee.
All major credit cards are charged an additional 3% transaction fee; American Express: 4% additional fee.
We do not change voltages.
Look at my feedback and buy with confidence. We are also celebrating 16 years on eBay as Pure_Life_Audio with 100% feedback.