Like new Sophia Baby amplifier. I bought this amp new from Washington Audio a little over a year ago. There is a small crack and a small nick on the transformer cover which are shown in the photos. Otherwise it is in good shape and functions perfectly. My original plan was to upgrade the output capacitors, however that did not happen. I do have the upgrade caps and I will throw them in at no cost. However, it is up to the buyer to do the upgrade. My reason for selling is that I downgrading to headphones. Shipping and PayPal fees are not included, however I am willing to work on an agreement that it is fair for both parties. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking.
Here are some notes from Sophia:
1.Wide frequency range from 6 Hz to 80,000 Hz +/-3dB.
2. Impressive -95dB Signal/Noise (S/N) ratio. Which made it possible to drive 112 dB horn speakers without noise. This would translate into dead quiet performance on any speakers you use.
3. Big sound was achieved when there is high definition of music information.
4. Realistic, live performance like, male and female voice. Great for jazz, rack, vocal, and opera.
5. Wide dynamic range makes it also suitable for wide range of music.
6. Have more power and drive capability than a typical 300B single ended amp (8 watts) or a 40-50 watts solid-state amp. Should work with speakers above 89 dB efficiency and 8 ohm impedance.
Audiophile sonic quality power amplifier with a stereo volume control.Specifications:
Power:10 watts x 2 Push and Pull class A circuit
Input:One set of RCA input
Output tubes: Russian Military 6P1T x 4 (with special treatment for low noise)
Input/Driver tubes:NOS 5670 (USA)
Frequency:6Hz-80KHz +/-3 dBor 10Hz - 50KHz +/-2 dB12Hz - 45KHz at 0 dB
Signal/Noise Ratio:-95dB Distortion:less than 1% at full powerHum:not measurable (less than 0.3mV)
Weight:20 pounds Size:7 inch x 9 inch x 5 inch
Color:Black metal chassis with hardwood deco