GET A FASTER RESPONSE! It's easier if you email directly to jay "at" audiorevelation.com rather than thru the Audiogon system. We are a VERIFIED AUDIOGON DEALER and pay a fixed monthly fee and therefore no commissions on sales. Thanks in advance!
TO SEE ALL OF AUDIO REVELATION'S BARGAINS AND SPECIAL DEALS ON HIGH END AUDIO GEAR, CLICK HERE!
We are proud to represent many of the world's finest Audio Brands - CLICK HERE for a complete list!
"Gets the thumbs up it thoroughly deserves for the fine performance it provided."
- HI FI CHOICE
The Origin Live Calypso MK3-1 Turntable - New MK3-1 version includes motor, power supply and transformer upgrades over MK3 version.
Shown with included Origin Live Encounter MK3c - Tonearm cable, mat (not shown) included!
* We'll guarantee you no other table/arm you can buy from any other brand for up to $6000 retail will sound as good to you, make you as ecstatic as this $3990 package.
Audio Revelation is a full line Origin Live dealer with four Origin turntables and six tonearms ready to play. We specialize in analog with ten tables, twelve arms, sixteen cartridges and ten phono preamps up and running from $3,000 to over $30,000 (table, arm & cartridge)!
"Via the Calypso, music sounds crisp and focused, with bags of individualilty and presence. One got a clear idea of the various instruments occupying defined spaces, with a solid impression of ambience... The Calypso sounded very cohesive and "together". Voices and instruments were separated and retained their individuality, but it always sounded like everyone was playing together ... Surface noise is very low and the Calypso gives inky-black backgrounds... Quite certainly, while listening to the Origin Live Calypso, I thought "it doesn't get much better than this". But that's a dangerous thing to say, given that the Calypso isn't even Origin Live's top model.
- Jimmy Hughes, Hi-Fi+
"This turntable gets the thumbs up it thoroughly deserves for the fine performance it provided"
- Malcolm Steward, HI FI CHOICE
Origin Live Calypso MK3-1 Turntable
For out and out performance and musical thrills the Calypso embodies what Origin Live has always delivered: A peerless ability to capture the energy and heart of the musical performance and pop it into your listening room.
With the Calypso the magnitude of your enjoyment is greatly enhanced while the cost retains the super high value Origin is most noted for.
Brilliant design, the hallmark of Origin Live, is achieved through long hard work, plenty of experience and R&D fined tuned with many, many hours of critical evaluations. High-grade parts are employed to further their exceptional performance. The Calypso maintains its stature in comparison with other turntables even when fitted with inexpensive tonearms and cartridges. Investing that little bit extra in the turntable can therefore result in a considerable overall saving.
The strengths of the Calypso lie in its superb transparency, coupled with palatable sound staging and imaging. It is very neutral and will suit most systems exceptionally well. You can expect this turntable to give you many years of listening pleasure.
The Calypso improves on the lower deck in the Origin Live range by virtue of a significantly upgraded motor supply and improved isolation of the main bearing along with other aspects such as a high mass solid metal "inertia" disc to damp vibration in the plinth. The upgrade platter mat is also included on this model as with all above it.
The Calypso also comes in a dual armboard version.
Now in New, Improved MK3.1 version!
Improvements over original MK3 version:
- A costly new motor upgrade which has significantly improved performance. The new motors increase drive torque between 2 and 4 times that of previous decks. The sound improvement of this motor upgrade is dramatic with more punch, increased pace, dynamics and slam in the bass. Because the new motors are smoother running, resolution and all other aspects are also improved.
- The turntable power supply has also been improved to include temperature compensation so speed is now hardly affected by room temperature changes. Allied to this is an increase in load compensation.
- The upgrade transformer (optional) has also been dramatically improved using a fully balanced, noise reducing configuration, allied with a purpose built design to improve mains isolation. Marked improvements to all aspects of sound quality are immediately apparent when comparing this with the original transformer.
Origin Live Aurora MK3-1 Turntable has introduced a number of major improvements in the MK3 and MK3-1 range of turntables dramatically improving on their design of award winning products. The new decks represent a significant increase in performance and value to an already superb sound.
Technical enhancements over previous models are:
•New type of Acrylic platter material with reduced internal stresses.
•Increased thickness of platter due to changes in overall design.
•New Bearing hub designed for faster energy transmission.
•Lower friction bearing.
•Increased size of plinth for improved aesthetics and stability.
•Improved power supply.
•New belt Material now hand made delivers better sound.
•Quieter motor from additional pod damping.
The result is music reproduction with particular improvements in:
•Rock solid imaging.
•Refined presentation of low level information.
•More refined separation of individual insturments and vocals.
- Extremely high-grade bearing, precision bored, honed and polished. The bearing rotates in a pure film of special oil with no surface to surface contact other than the load bearing tip. The load bearing tip acts as a single energy transmission point, essential for sound purity.
Platter material is a specially formulated acrylic .
- Origin tables are non-suspended yet the entire sub-chassis rest on a single point for superb isolation from vibration.
- A large motor pod imparts great stability to the high-grade DC 200 motor and results in a hiher torque on the platter - increased to approx. 4 times what is was previously.
- Larger diameter motor pod eliminates groundborne vibration effects on motor.
VTA is included for all Origin Live arms and arms with Rega geometry. Most other arms can be accommodated.
Heavy inertia disc for mounting the sub-chassis reduces vertical modes of vibration. Inertia disc pods resist rotational forces due to ground bourn and air bourn vibration.
"Ultra" load compensating motor regulation circuit incorporates higher grade components and improved stability. Speed control is easily switched electronically between 33 and 45 rpm (78 rpm is also available on request) and pitch adjustable.
- There is nothing to go "out of tune" on the Calypso turntable and setup is a snap. The turntable is non-suspended and the centre loading makes it simple to set up and fuss free.
Upgradeable: All decks can be upgraded with Origin Live Stage 1 or Stage 2 power supplies, &'Upgrade' outboard transformer and DC 200 motor.
- Mirror finish black is standard, clear polished acrylic, frosted acrylic and polished white optional.
- The Calypso can accommodate most arms by simply changing the sub chassis plate. Subchassis plates are available for SME, Linn, Graham, Hadcock arms - All Roksan arms can be fitted using an adaptor. Also available in a dual armboard version.
California sales subject to sales tax.
Audio Revelation, Carlsbad, CA 92010
760.434.2625. 9am-6pm PST Monday through Saturday. Visits by appointment only please.
/ Critical Mass
/ Dynavector/ E.A.R.
/ JL Audio
/ Reed / Shelter / SME / SOTA / Stillpoints / Sutherland / Tannoy / VAC / Well Tempered / Whest / Zesto
GET A FASTER RESPONSE! It's easier if you email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than thru the Audiogon system. We are a VERIFIED AUDIOGON DEALER and pay a fixed monthly fee and therefore no commissions on sales. Thanks in advance!