VPI Scout 1.1-
NOTE: I have seen a few Scouts listed as 1.1's which are not. A Scout 1.1 or 2016 edition will have a 1-3/8" aluminum platter and a black cover on the tone arm pivot.
One of the most celebrated turntables in recent memory, certainly the best reviewed in the last decade. This bad boy does not disappoint either in it's massive music retrieval or in its evil good looks.
There are no pets, kids or smoking in it's current environment. Moving in with girlfriend and she has kids and cats. I selling the turntable to save it's life. Replacing with a Yamaha PF-800. It's tonearm doesn't seem so exposed.
Rated 9/10. As per VPI, the soft aluminum platter is ripe for scratches and this has a few. Nothing that effects performance. The turntable has low hours, probably around 300 hours. It's been in use since 02/2016.
The original packing for this turntable is fantastic. The unit will be boxed as it was originally shipped. It will arrive unscathed barring some catastrophic failure of the transportation system.
- Standard shipping to the lower 48 states.
- Soundsmith Counter Intuitive Tracking Force & Azimuth Adjustment (You really do want this, flying blind on the adjustments is too time consuming)
- Deluxe Delrin Clamp and Spacer
- Factory protractor
- Its outstanding original packaging
- Anti-Skate option (which I use)
- The original strange little manual.
- Factory mat. (Harry Weisfeld recommends no mat- I concur, it's better without it. The platter is as dead as bale of cotton and with the clamp in place the imaging is stunning) I don't like the factory mat and you are welcome to it.
- The shown Ortofon 2m Black. That's a separate sale.
- The shown interconnect cables.
Email me at email@example.com