This is a like new sub still; it has at the most 20 hrs of use. Bought new in late January this year; this sub was for use in my two channel listening system. I have owned another DD 15 for about a year and always heard that by adding a second sub that you get expanded soundstage with more "even" bass loading in the room.
This system has an active crossover (Ashley XR 2001) which was a great addition and really firms up the bass with added clarity.
We tested the second sub in the system with separate left - right channel input feeds direct from the Ashley. Subs were EQ’d using the Velodyne program. Subs were located next to the outside of each L- R speakers. In blind testing, sub crossover at 50 HZ, the subs were tested with three different CD’s on several occasions.
• With one person at the Ashley, one in listening position we turned the right on - left sub off for intervals, then vice versa, with the other person trying to establish which sub was on. Could not identify.
• One sub was left on, and then another added. Then one taken away. A fuller sound, or more bass was not detectable.
There are two conditions that may give this to be our case –
1. We have powerful bass speakers in our system already, and crossover at 50 HZ does not leave much for separation in most music. The subs pretty much sound the same right to left for the low notes in the CD’s we tried.
2. We listened only from the sweet spot. You could definitely tell there was two subs and better fill when you “walked” the room a bit. We don't listen to music that way though.....
For our ears, one sub was found to be adequate and plenty. Having two did nothing for our system that was worth having the added expense and lost real estate. One of these DD 15’s are plenty for a two channel system, they excel and really fill our room well. This listening room is 24’ by 28’.
I talked with Jeff at Velodyne engineering on the DD 15 vs the DD 15 Plus.The Plus is better for HT for sure, but for two channel use the difference would be minimal for most systems wanting bottom fill at two channel listening levels.
Save your self some money……
Hence, the sale of this DD 15. My system does not need it!
• Immaculate 9 out of 10.
• No scratches or swirls – no issues
• All cables and remote / manual unused – I used all my own stuff from the other DD - 15 I own .
• Non smoker, no pets or kids
• All original box and packing
• Fed ex shipping - free to lower 48 for full offer price.